Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Going to purchase some equipment soon, but...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 5:17 pm
NO, don't buy that. What equipment do you already have? Do you need a package?

I see you live in Chii my friend. Check Craigslist if your looking for a low price solution.

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:30 pm
What exactly is wrong with it Charlie?

MS

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:46 pm
not familiar with the exact mixer n tables n headphones,
but i do know thoose stanton 500 V3 cartrages n needles work great with the timecodes and regular vinyl

good price though it's like buying the tables n needles and getting the mixer and the headphones free in my area

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 7:05 pm
dj maddsound,

those turntables should be alright for starters...They have the same pitch has a 1200, reverse switch and the tone arm is pretty reliable.

as far as the mixer goes I honestly don't think the crossfader would last a very long time under the strain turtablists use.

My personal suggestion would be to save up a bit more $$ and get this type of setup for something that could last you a lifetime or at least quite a few years before breaking down.

Numark TT500 turntables (more torque, really strong motor, good shock resistance, and has all the features of the TTx minus the digital out, keylock and LCD screen but who needs that with VDJ right?)
Vestax PMC-05 PRO 3 (or if you'd like to spend 200$ more and get a mixer with a lifetime warranty on the crossfader I stongly recommend the Mackie D.2)
for headphones you can use pretty much anything on the market since most turntablists or scratch DJs use cues (either on the software or tape on the records).

now cartridges....This is where many DJs argue on which needles are the best. I would have to say that most DJs scratching prefer the Shure M-44s since they have low wear and much skip resistance. although I personally use the Ortofon Concord Elektro carts and needles since I'm a balanced DJ. I scratch as well as just plain mix. There are many other good needles for starters that could cost less although I recommend getting some decent to really good equipment for the simple fact that you might get dissapointed with lower end gear having some freequent skips, bad tracking, etc.

Hopefully this helps you out Madd. If and when you decide to make your purchase and need help getting setup feel free to look me up on MSN

Best Regards
DJ White Devil

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 7:31 pm
Good info thanks DEV...

MS

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 8:01 pm
I'll second both of those recommendations. I have used the TTX's quite a bit but never need the extras that they have. I do own the d.2, it is a tank.

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 11:57 pm
I use the numark 500's on my timecode setup and they perform excellent. Got a pair of stanton 680hp's for cart's on em & never had a problem;^]

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 12:04 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)