Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet A Weekend working with V.5

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi Guys here is my write up on virtual DJ V.5 which I have done 3 gigs with over the weekend. First of all I have tried earlier versions of Virtual DJ but I didn’t like the Record case (Brower) & the way it was songs where listed. So I decided to go with PCDJ FX & there DAC 2 Control. After a number of crashes & freezes on PCDJ I have decided to buy Virtual DJ V5.

I have been testing V5 at home Before the weekend for about 3-4 days. Sorting out my folders & so on. I also plugged my DAC-2 in as well & tested that with the software. I have had the DAC-2 Mapper plugging install by Pern (I like the functions with this plugging). All working ok no problems. No crashing or freezing.

Thursday night I played a gig in a club in my town so I took my laptop with Virtual DJ V5 all worked very well no problems at all. Played for 6 hours non stop.

Friday night All was work well for about 2 hours when I press the loaded button on the right hand side of my DAC-2 to load a track on the Right hand side deck (deck 2) the left hand side deck (deck 1) stopped playing & loaded the track into it.. It done this 2 time in minutes so I stop press load on the DAC-2 & Justed dragged & dropped track of the rest of the night. Played for 8 hours non-stop

Saturday night all worked fine (still dragged & dropped track) all night till 30min to the end of the night the sound went off and started to make a hissing sound like a radio. This happened on bother decks. So I played a CD on the back-up CD play I have. Close Virtual DJ down & started back up strait away all worked ok again. The program didn’t crash or anything like that just the sound went funny….

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:23 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 6:31 pm
I think the load problem with the DAC-2 is something to do with the mapping plugin.. but the sound problem i have never had that with any other DJ program..

also some mp3 woundn't load virtual dj but with load into PCDJ Fx .. but i'm going to recode the ones that wound load to see if that will help..

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 10:00 pm
anybody else had this problem with the DAC-2 ... :( need to see if i can get it fixed for the weekend

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 3:07 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Steve - try my mapper to see if it is a controller or mapper issue --
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download.html?addon_id=2945

Rename the .dll of pern's mapper to .pern so that way you can go back to it if you determine it is a controller issue and you still want to use his.
I include a readme for how my controls are setup.

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 9:50 pm
thanx cstoll i'll give your mapper a try ... :)
as the other mapper full of bugs ???

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 10:52 pm
cstoll your mapper is spot on .... thank-you..

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:00 pm
i have been testing Virtual DJ all day. all working but it justed done the same thing again with the sound .. it seem to happen after about 7 hours of non-stop playing.. please can anybody help... I need this sorted for tomorrow night because I have a gig & I don't really what to go back to PCDJ Fx.....

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 10:30 pm
By what I can tell this seems to be a problem a few people are having, but the team is working on how and why. What I'd do would be play a cd with a longer song, and restart VDJ while playing the cd before the 7 hours are up.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 6:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 7:46 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)