Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet database

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

i wish i could pause the database analyse and be able to save with out actually stoping the scan. this way i really dont have to worry about crashing from a bad file. or be able to select more than just one file (highlight ten files) and just do a few at a time.but not have to sit and watch it.

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 7:43 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When Version 5 for CUE releases you won't have this problem any longer.

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 8:32 pm
well thanks for the quick response aned this is great to know thanks to all

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 8:41 pm
from what i understand, version 5 saves everything as it is needed. ie, saves after every analyzed file.

so, you can just analyze, and stop when ever you want, it will be automatically saved, then just continue analyzing whatever/whenever.

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 4:59 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
And you can use a filter folder "isscanned=0" to have a dynamic list of your non scanned files everytime.
Vdj 5.0 POWER...

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 8:37 pm
Imagine if you are invited to DJing on a club that uses Virtual DJ. You just take with you a DVD, pendrive (whatever) and plug on the laptop. But, and about the database? I mean... while the software is playing a song could open settings and "import" or "add" another databases. What about?

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 10:13 pm
Hey people, i'm talk about the cue points (data base), ok?
Txs

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 10:15 pm
icarusrj - chill on the comments -- Hey people

But to answer your question - Yes, with Version 5 if you use an external drive (hard drive, thumb drive, etc) and store files on it an setup those files on that drive then the database for those files (which the data would include cue points) will be there. So, yes you could walk into a club with VirtualDJ and mix straight from the drive - without shutdown and restart of VDJ. VirtualDJ also support Hot Plug-in of external drives.

You are welcome to read the updates guide here for all the new features in V5 - http://www.virtualdj.com/support/VDJ5-UserGuide_for_Updates.pdf

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 5:31 am
Thanks for the link cstoll

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:59 pm
apopsis wrote :
And you can use a filter folder "isscanned=0" to have a dynamic list of your non scanned files everytime.
Vdj 5.0 POWER...

I today just did that and man that is great so whenever I add files it will show there and be analyzed when I decide to do them.

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 3:22 am
After they are added to the database. Which is easy enough using Recurse.

Posté Fri 31 Aug 07 @ 5:07 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)