Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet HELP - VGA Output stops working

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'm running into a bit of a problem that i hope someone here can help with. For my gigs in which i play videos i normally setup 2 systems. One housing my rack mount and another running via laptop which i tie into one mixer for audio and plug both Pc's into a KVM switch to gain control over the visual.
I usually have someone else taking pictures of the guest and displaying these throughout the night so having 2 pc's setup that i can switch back and forth from is really important to me.
The problem i am having is that when i switch from my laptop to my rack mount with my KVM switch my laptop senses that there is no TV hooked up to it and shuts off the VGA output, all videos go black and the software starts acting funny to the point that i sometimes have to CTRL, ALT. DEL. to shut it down because no matter what i do with my mouse all i get is a flash on the screen and i get no other response. i then have to restart VDJ and reactivate the VGA output. Once i switch back and get it running again it works fine up until i have to switch back to my other PC and at that time i have to take steps similar to what i mentioned before to get it up and running.
Any help with this situation would be great. I'm hoping that there is a way to keep/turn the VGA output on regardless of a load being present or not.
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Alex

Posté Mon 27 Aug 07 @ 11:57 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi

think what you might need is a dedicated a/v source selector like a 4 in 1 out, or 6 in 1 out depending on what your needing but as always more is good and they don't cost all that much that should cure your problem...

Tayla

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 12:18 am
are you using your video card as the output or are stretching the video screen. but I think VDJ senses the connection if it's severed.

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 12:56 am
What i do is i run the second output on my video card as a extended desktop

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:01 am

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:08 am
That sucks. I take it there is no way to activate the VGA output regardless of a device being connected.
Does that mean i would have to go back to S-Video cables ?

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:18 am

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 4:53 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)