Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet No BPM No Sound V5

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
in a recent scan about 2000 of the 6000 mp3's have no BPM. There are lenghts, and when I load them into a player also a waveform shows up, but NO AUDIO...

What is the problem here?

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 8:05 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
joop

happened to me a couple of times seems to be a little glich but sorry can't explain what it is just check your gain control on your deck and adjust and manually but in your bpm should then work...does it for me...

Tayla

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 11:53 am
Yep, I've had that too, and as tayla says, check your gain control, It took me ages to figure why I couldn't hear the track, then realised it was turning the gain all the way down when i loaded it on a deck.

I accidentally discovered a fix, but I have no idea why this worked. I right clicked the file, selected "file info" then in the box, I clicked the little arrow underneath each entry, after that, it worked fine again!

Don't ask what made me try the above, I have no idea!

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 12:01 pm
Guys,

Thanks for the quick advice and workaround... i'll try it tonight...

My gain control is set to "Always 0 db".... is that any good?

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 12:25 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are using v5 - what are the bitrates of the files?

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 12:39 pm
cstoll, not sure if it's bitrate related, the one that did it with me was a 320k i think. Now the one that did it was working fine, then i was messing about with the database options etc, then when I played it again, no sound and it's BPM count had gone, no amount of analysing the file would bring the bpm count back, then i realised it was turning the gain knob all the way down. (note to above poster, "always 0db is fine, i use that) When I turned the knob up I could hear the file fine, but still it's bpms weren't listed, I did the thing i listed above, and the bpms suddenly came back and it no longer turned the gain down.

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 1:35 pm
The bitrate varies... Most of the mp3z are 320kb, but also there are some with fluctuations between 192 and 224 kb

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 2:07 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have had the same problem. What I ahd to do was shut VDJ and reopen. SOng in question worked,

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 4:52 pm
Hey TopHouse - it was just to understand if possibly they had some really low quality files that VDJ was having a hard time analyzing.

But your point about the HI Quality could be an issue. If when analyzing the file the gain is so HIGH that VDJ can't best determine the beats and then writes some funky gain adjustment value in the DB then that is a possibility based on your results described. If so, then definitely something that needs to be looked at. Remember most of the common commercial download sites are 192kps quality and usually normalized to 0db. But us rippers know we can get better quality. Might be worth testing by ripping the same song at various qualities and gain structures.

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 5:59 pm
Guys:

I found a pretty good workaround for the problem:

1) Make backup of xml database
2) Scan the files, so that the filter isscanned=0 returns nothing

3)
Open the XML in an editor and perform a search and replace action

search for <FAME IsScanned="1" />

replace with <FAME IsScanned="1" Volume="4455" />

4) Then rescan the files with no bpm

5) Now you have a working MP3, whatever gain or kbps is used..... WITH BPM

Greetz,
Joop

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 8:00 pm
In my case, this was a file that was previously working fine in V5, it had previously analysed etc and played. I was messing about with the various "get infos" options with a number of files selected when this particular one lost it's BPM and gain setting. As I said, I don't believe it's the bitrate of the rip, now I'm in an area where i don't know what I'm talking about, BUT Somewhere in an mp3 there must be the data that sets it's DB, (otherwise why does VDJ change gain for different tracks?) Now, I'm thinking that that gain thing is linked somehow to where the BPM is stored in an MP3

OR, (now as I said, I don't know what I'm saying here) What if

Something is corrupting the bit in the file that determines gain. Now what if, when VDJ is scanning this file, because it has no gain, it cannot read any bpm. IE, a soundless file has no bpm.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say? Or am I Way off the mark with my theorising?

P.S Not trying to push your buttons with this one Chris :o)

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 10:12 pm
TopHouse - I know your not pulling my string, but you are exactly on target - though a bit garbled because as you said - not your area of understanding. But, Joop3m I think just proved part of my point and partially answered the issue. If you notice there is no Volume tag in his first example. If he adds a Volume value, then VDJ somehow properly analyzes and finds a BPM the next time around.

Definitely something for the DevTeam. And as for the 'how does VDJ know what the gain structure is?' Well that is one reason for why it analyzes the file to find the variation from 0db so it know what to do with the file based on your AutoGain settings when you load it to play.

Chris

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 11:14 pm
I think you are both right...

No volume, no bpm...

Thanks anyway and i hope the dev team has some sort of patch ready he he

Posté Tue 28 Aug 07 @ 11:43 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Songs bought on Itunes ?

Are you trying to use 2 scanning windows at the same time ?

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 12:24 am
None of the above, the one that did it for me was a self rip.

Funnily enough could be a different issue but, I have 4 hard drives on my machine :-

1 OS & VDJ
2 Audio
3 Video
4 Karaoke

Now over the last 5 days or so I had analysed all of the above with V5 (making a fresh start what with all the database related probs) Anyway, I did audio last as it's what i have most of & would take longest. The audio finished, i recursed a few times, did the file infos 'get tags from filename' (all my files are named <artist> - <title> ) all well and good, BUT, when I did the 'infos' thing on my karaoke drive, all the BPM's disappeared! The karaoke files are all zipped mp3+g. I'm now analysing them all AGAIN. Any ideas?

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 12:40 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)