Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet opinion needed for VOB convert to MPEG4..

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Has anyone ever used this for converting from VOB to MPEG4? I'm looking for advice or comments on this free software to do this and wonderd if anyone here has used it with success or found it not up to the job. Trying to gain some more HD space...and mabe faster loading.
Any opinions? PROS and CONS?
What should I be looking for in a program like this that would be a sure thing that VDJ will run well.Plenty of PC power with dedicated video memory and 2GIG of ram I have.The VOB's run great but are large.I also project on a rear projection screen at 4.3 ratio

DGMPGDec 1.4.8 - latest version of the tool formerly known as DVD2AVI

http://www.doom9.org/

Thanks

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 7:35 pm
Loading speeds should stay around the same, VirtualDJ doesn't decompress the video, only the audio. AFAIK, it does not even copy the video into memory. Converting to MPEG4-ASP is beneficial in terms of storage only, and playback on portable devices and some standalone dvd players if that should be an issue to you. The main disadvantages are increased processing requirements (although with any modern computer this doesn't really matter) and reduction in quality, whether you can notice it or not.

DGMPGDec is a tool I'm familiar with, although it is mainly used to create a d2v file from a set/vob file. The purpose for doing so is to enable importing the vob into AVISynth, which is a scripting language for video editing. You still need to have your encoder installed (e.g. XviD) and require both an audio and video transcoding program (e.g. BeSweet/BeLight and VirtualDubMod).

This will be time consuming for hundreds if not thousands of videos. Your best bet is to use an automated tool such as Auto GordianKnot. Nero Recode is very friendly to use too.

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:08 pm
Stick with the VOB's. Hardrives are fairly inexpensive now! I just picked a 500 gb for like $120 at Costco.

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 9:13 pm

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 10:34 pm
Mpeg2 for me as well

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 2:02 am
Thanks for input and advice...I think in terms of having to bother with learning new programs and converting them all and hoping for the best
in results...I will opt to keep the vob format and just add an external HD.

eOWT!

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 2:15 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Try SUPER, it's a fully featured freeware media converter!

Trust me, it's VERY powerful, and ALL codecs are built-in!!!

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 3:02 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)