Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet sound card

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hey all finally got my soundcard the creative soundblaster 5.1 surround and it wont work i have 2 rca cable like instructed but how do i hook all this up(sorry for the amatuer question)

dj muppetjnr

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:02 pm
with or with out the 5 1/2" live drive i/o?
creative can be tricky sometimes but will work with vdj in WMA and ASIO modes depending on whats getting plugged in

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:07 pm
thanks for reply but i dont have a clue what that means:) sorry

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:10 pm
Is yoour card the Sound Blaster Live 24 bit ?....Internal or external ( USB ) ?

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:33 pm
external usb!!!!?

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:36 pm
Is it inside the computer, or did you have to plug it in?

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:56 pm
Ok, there some tricky steps to install that particular Soundcard.

1. DO NOT conect the sound card before you had installed the driver.
2. Open the set up program on the cd, and it will ask you to connect the soundcard.
3. Install the drivers and the software.
4. Click on the opcion where it say full install, it will take some time to install everything
5. if the instalation screen is all blue with all the screens then you didn't installed it completely
6. You will have to see like a flash presentation of all the producucts and features ( intall will take about 10 mins )
7. After you had installed it, restart the computer
8. then on the quick launch menu ( lower right hand corner, in the little icons should appear a speaker icon ( white with light blue )
9. Click on it, then go to speaker set up and choose 4.1
10. turn up the volume to max on both front and rear channels.
11. then you have to go to start/control pannel/then the litle speaker icon ( spekaers and volume control )
12. Choose quadraphonic set up.

After doing all this, you are redy to roll

Setting up VDJ

1. go to config
2. sound setup
3. Inputs: none
4. Outputs: External mixer ( if you use one, if not, then choose headphones )
5. Sound cards: Sound Blaster Live 24 bit
6. Sound card: The same ( Sound Blster )
7. Output Channels: front channel / left deck ; rear channel / right deck

Following these steps, the card should be working full.

Let me know if it helps

Posté Wed 29 Aug 07 @ 11:57 pm
thanks a million il will try this tommorow and see how it goes thanks again:):)

dj muppetjnr

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 12:01 am
am having a problem the disk wont run when i put it in auto play comes up and i click it and noting happens even when i go to my computer and click open nutin happens i have put this in before no problem but i uninstalled it and i cant install it again someone help please?????

dj muppetjnr

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 6:16 pm
Ok, let's see.................go to my computer then right click on the Creative Labs Icon on the CD Player and coose browse CD, then all the folders will appear, select the set up file and you are set.

|Let me know what happeneds.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 7:13 pm
ya iv done that but it says installation is in progress this has taken about 20 mins 25 is that how long its suppose to take??

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 7:22 pm
Well, I do remember it took me quite some time to install the drivers and softwares, but not that much. Is the installation screen is like a flash prsentation as I mention before ?

I would recomend to give it 5 more mins. if nothing happened stop the instalation, go to program files/creative labs and unistall everything, if you can't do a uninstall feature then click on the creative labs forlder and delete it manualy, and start the whole procees again.

I know this is a real pain in the butt, but believe, it is worth it, the sound card has outstanding sound quiality and very versatile unit.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 7:29 pm
ok its installed but iv two problems the box doesnt turn on when i connect it to the laptop and there no little speaker for chooseing 4.1 as you said do you know why???

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 8:04 pm
that is beacuse, the software didn't installed the EX Console.

So the next step would be:

1. unistall the software ( not the driver )
2. Insert the CD, again...:).....
3. do the same steps af before if it doesn't autorun.
4. click on full instalation, it will ask if you want to install the driver as well as software.
5. click only install software
6. On this final step the size of the files you are going to install will be much greater than before.

On the list of programs that will install, should appear Speaker configuration, Eq, DSP, and some others.

Take in mind that all this is of what I remember, last time I installed that sound card was about 6 months ago.

Hope this time does work as it suppose to.

Keep me posted.

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 8:22 pm
ok iam in add/remove programs and it only says creative mediasource is that what i uninstall??

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 8:26 pm
exactly.......thats the program you have to unistall.

Then after you had donde that, start all over as I posted previously

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 8:36 pm
ok its says 2 things to install sb live!24 bit external and crative mediasoure which one do i install this time?? :)

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 9:10 pm
ok it working but the little icon in the bottom conor doesnt appear and in control panel speaker and volume control doesnt say that quadraphic thing or however its spelt and advice???????????

Posté Thu 30 Aug 07 @ 10:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)