Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Running Video\'s from a laptop.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Sorry if this is an old topic, I couldn't find it when I whipped through the FAQ's.

I have just purchased a new laptop to use exclusively for DJ work. Is is a Dell Vostro Dual core processor with 2GB Ram, also is has an ATI Raedon Xpress 1150.

Will I need to upgrade graphics to enable me to mix video? Are there any external video cards that i could use?

How do other laptoppers manage it?

Posté Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 12:05 pm
Should work fine if there is a video output.

Posté Mon 03 Sep 07 @ 5:19 pm
MadDj12PRO InfinityMember since 2007
I use a Dell 1505 with a NVidia GE Force 7300, I use the s-video out with extended desktop and then in the video settings of the program, you should be able to choose your video card for tv output. you may have to enable the multiple display on the desktop by hitting fn + f8 before you open the program.

Posté Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 12:38 am
I'm sure it is with those specs, but is it 256 dedicated? if so you should be fine. ATI cards work very well with VDJ.

Posté Sat 08 Sep 07 @ 11:50 am
MadDJ, I got the same lappy as you got and same video card, but cant get videos to worlk properly, and get videos to work on another lower spec machine with a 5200 nVidea card. Is your card dedicated on the 1505? Do you get videos working flawlessly?

Posté Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 8:02 pm
I hope I have posted this right.
I am running a Dell E1505 with 2Ghz dual cor2 with 2Gig ram and NVidia GE Force 7300 video card and i am getting video freezing randomly, I am hoping for a fix as well. Or a video card recommendation. I am all so using a turtle beach usb sound card on this laptop.

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 5:12 am
MadDJ,
Is your video card a dedicated or shared(integrated) one. Coz 2gB ram should take videos well, but I do know that the 7200 card is a problem child, from what I've read on here.
Bryant

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 1:51 pm
NVidia GE Force 7300 video card is the bottle neck of your system. Won't run video very well.

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 7:31 pm
I agree with you , but was still wondering id MadDJ was NOT having problems, coz maybe his card is dedicated?

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:11 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
antileon wrote :
NVidia GE Force 7300 video card is the bottle neck of your system. Won't run video very well.

True.. i use that too n wont run video well, same with my 7400 which is a bit better:)

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:54 pm
I have no problems with running, mixing, or overlaying graphics with videos. My card is intergrated. Make sure you have the most recent driver for your card, go directly to the Nvidia site to update. Also I had to play with my settings for the size of the second screen. I run 4 and half hours a night, every Fri & Sat at the club that I work at, with no glitches, issues or other problems, I run ads with graphic overlays when I'm not running actual videos, on six screens. So the gentlemen that claims that the video card is the bottleneck is incorrect. If you would like to know my actual settings I can let you know. By the way my laptop is a vista, dual core 2G w/ 2g Ram, and I use the Hercules MK2.
One other thing, are you using any of the plug-ins for video? Cause I installed a bunch of different ones at first and one of them was locking up the videos, so I removed the root files for all of them and re-installed one at a time and tested before I would install the next one, sorry I can't remember which one was giving me a issue. Hopefully I've helped a little or at least givin you hope that it will work, because in the 5 years I have Dj'd at the club, my patrons have never been more impressed with the show. Also make sure you are using legal sources for your video's, like Promo Only.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 2:02 am
Are you saying that just the presence of the video effect files in your syytem was causing problems or only when you have the effects on. I have plenty of installed sonique effects but have tried using videos w/o any effects turned on and have no luck with the identical machine you have.

Also, yes, can you tell me all your settings that you feel have helped you to maintain good running videos.

Posté Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 3:10 am
It wasn't any of the soniqe plug-ins, cause I still use those as a overlay. But yes it was some of the other plug-ins that were causing it without them being turned on. I sorry that I can't remember which one it was. I run my secondary monitor through the s-video at 800 x 600 (extended desktop). Also are you trying to maximize the program screen, cause I have found that to cause a issue. Also which version of Vista are you running, cause I run with Vista Home Premium.

Posté Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 6:17 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)