Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet When analyzing music hard drive stops

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

mixitPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Has anyone had a problem when analyzing music folders with your hard drive stoping? I have a 500gb mybook When i analyze a big folder it will stop and corruption occurs in VDJ database then i need to restart the computer and click on fix in VDJ and rescan the tracks that are yellow in the same folder i thought was done. Please help.

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 4:11 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are using a laptop - you need to look at the power management settings and USB management settings.

Is that the standard 500Gb MyBook or is that the MyBook ES? I have the standard book - and don't have that problem and I analyze with mine connected to a desktop.

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 4:30 pm
Yes it a dell laptop with 1gb of ram and my book pro and yes the usb power management is off.

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 5:31 pm
When you say OFF are you saying the Green Power circle goes off as well ? If so then its loosing its connection to the laptop as being attached. Someone else had a similar issue with different type drive and his issue was a cable.

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 5:44 pm
No the hard drive is on the power circle is still on.

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 6:39 pm
OK, either a cable issue --
Or, something that just came to mind -- how much space is free on you external drive?

Is this Vista or XP?

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 7:11 pm
The cables are all new, the drive has 231 free this only happens on my laptop not on my desktop i have the same kind of drive on the desktop.

Don't know why this keeps going on with the laptop? Yes this is XP

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 10:28 pm
Yes very odd, I have a gig tomorrow and I will take mine with me and see if it stops on me. But for now, use your desktop to do your analyzing.

Posté Fri 07 Sep 07 @ 11:09 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)