Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Trying to work with v5.0 rev.2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

If an explanation has come up in a prior post my apologies, I could not find it.

I am still using 4.3 for gigs because of its rock solid stability and 2 deck automix. Two deck automix works for me becauase I can see the song and adjust cue points on the fly. Yes I have most pre-set but because of certain events I need to add new ones or make adjustments...or sometimes not use the cue point and play from beginining.

Where 2 deck automix helps me the most is grand introductions for weddings. Quite often couples/bridal parties/parents/reception halls etc will have 5 or 6 songs I use for grand introductions and then leading right into a first dance. It is very easy for me in 4.3 to make a play list and then set automix and just hit (automix) or spacebar etc. and go from one song to the next. It frees me up to hold a wireless mic and an announcement sheet only having to click 1 button on the computer to switch songs knowing the next one will autoload. I know you can configure 5.2 to auto-crossfade but is there a way to mimic this exact same action in 5.2?

Thanks,

Vin.

Posté Sun 09 Sep 07 @ 11:53 pm
kentePRO InfinityMember since 2007
I haven't upgraded to version 5 yet but I use this same automix feature in 4.3 when performing a series of cuts from wedding introductions into the first dance. I need to be able to cut short some of the songs in the automix list (like my background music as I introduce the bridal party because the size of the bridal party is always different) by hitting the automix button and then proceeding into a drum roll, the wedding march and finally the first dance while holding a wireless mic. Hopefully we can still do this with the new one deck automix functionality???

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:21 am
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I do the exact same thing for my weddings and here is what I do.

Just play the songs you want to play in the order you want to use them in the playlist on the right. Just start the first song with the autoplay. Then when you need your next song just double click it in the playlist and it will mix out of the first into the next with whatever automix option you have selected.

Now if you have cue points sent up in each song, let's say you do not want to start from the beginning of the song I would just load each song into the individual decks and then select your cue point. Most of the time I do not need to do this as introductions songs are usally played from the beginning.

I know that second scenario requires a little more work, but just try to remember when we used cds or albums and tried to do the same thing, pretty much impossible unless you burned your own cd and then had two of them, one for each deck.

I hope the double click works for you in the automix, it does just what you are describing for me.

Chris

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 6:37 am
I understand it can work like that but that's exactly what we are all trying to avoid... We don't have time to move the mouse over songs and double click with 300 people staring at us... We just want to keep the pointer over automix and casually hit "click" and BAMM the next song plays and the one after cue's up... In my opinion this is a feature that won over the hearts of DJ's everywhere and why I started using it in the first place....

I actually used to do the same thing on CD but had to just click > to the next song and obviously didn't have the luxury of automix cue points or the smooth transition of a crossfader....

If there is a way to set it up as I originally described I hope someone can tell us how... Otherwise I still request a "Automix Old / Automix New " option in the next release of 5.x

In the meantime its rock solid 4.3 with 2 deck autoload automix.

Vin.

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 1:16 pm
i never use automix in front of audience!!!i think it`s made for background only;-)

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 2:29 pm
Discotronic,

This thread has nothing to do about what people think automix is for or who is a better/worse DJ for using it... Our DJing skills are not on trial here... God bless if you can handle a huge wedding party with 7 or 8 intro songs all with specific cue points and not use automix while making the announcements and guiding people to their positions.....oh...and in front of 300 people...

On trial is the new version of the software. 4.3 had a feature that many MANY paid users received tremendous value from. We are now trying to work together to see if we can mimic that same value-added feature in 5.2 or if a software revision that offers the old style/new style of automix is required.

Thx.

Vin.

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 8:43 pm
mdesmitPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Vin,

For me is the "old style automix" function also very important.

The problem that I'm having now is that I have to use the old VDJ version because of the automix but
I'm having problems with the old VDJ because it is not stable enough ;-(

I think the only way to solve this problem is to convince the VDJ programmers that we really need this function back.
So please everybody who reads this thread, and also wants the "old style automix" function to return in the new upgrade reply on this message with :

I also want the "old style automix" function back

This until we get promised that it will return in a future release !

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 1:14 pm
I agree that is was a great feature, I DJ weddings and it is great at the strip club when they want all types of music. I had to go to version 5.2 because I had reliability problems and it would not read all of my itunes files(5.2 does). I like the new features in 5.2, I just would like to have the 2 deck automix option.

DJ Jimmy J

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 11:09 pm
I want the old mix function back too... Please... maybe for Christmas... or better yet Sweetest day on Oct. 20th....

Thanks eagerly waiting with my 4.? version

Posté Wed 10 Oct 07 @ 10:26 pm
i want the old automix too
we would like a choice...i bought the program that way. i'd like to keep it that way
please!!!

Posté Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 12:47 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)