Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Help with slow search and recurse

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

kjcraigPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Posted Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 01:04:08 [level Home edition user]

Hello I have been reading all the posts trying to get my search between hard drives to be faster. After doing all the recomended things I still am having long periods of lock up. At first I had arranged all my mp3's (30,000) in 1 folder and video's in another folder on one hard drive and all my karaoke (40,000) in one folder on another hard drive. I then thought there were to many files in one folder so I broke them up into folders alphabetically by artist A-Z. That has not helped. my home system is a 6400 conroe dual core 2.13ghz 2 gig of ram XP. which I am just trying to get it right before I put it on my mobile system which is the acer ferrari 5000 amd turion 64x2 2ghz 2gig ram vista v 4.3 but will be upgraded to v5 once i figure out what is what. Now I am second guessing myself as far as "mabe I ripped my music in wrong" not getting all the info from the cd's, or do the folders still have to many files in them for vdj to read quickly, etc.
If anyone can lend a helping hand that would be great!
Craig

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 4:03 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sorry it took so long to get back with you.

Where are you now on the 're-organizing' of your files?
Are you still with everything in single folders?
Are part of your tracks organized as you described - alphabetically ?

Just need to get orientated to the status you have your data in so I can better help you.

Once we get things organized better then you should be able to do the steps I outlined in the other thread and thing will be better. I currently have 76000+ in my collection and things are well organized and I am able to search my entire structure and sort my entire collection with no problems.
So, I am sure we can get your stuff straight.

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
As we always say:
"Divide in order to win"

So create subfolders

Posté Mon 10 Sep 07 @ 9:55 pm
OHH NOOOO!!!!

Cel's turned Buddhist monk on us!!!

Posté Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 12:47 am
Please don't hijack the thread TopHouse - those types of comments encourage others. Cel's comment however is of an advice nature regardless of it's origins. If you need to comment back, please send a PM to me so I can keep the thread clean.

Thank you, cstoll.

Posté Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 1:06 am
cstoll
I have arranged all the files in seperate folders by artist. I am in the process of recursing the harddrives and then will follow your notes to the "T". I will let you know what happens
Craig

Posté Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 2:32 am
Cool look forward to the check back...

Posté Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 2:43 am
ok I have recursed and added to local database and i have lost alot of song title info that was changed manually in v4.3 and the files for karaoke are displayed together with my regular mp3's. Oh wait there's more! the folders a-z in karaoke show on the left with no songs in the search area in the middle.
Craig

Posté Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 3:19 am
Ok, the second bull's eye circle to the right of the Search box - click on that and make sure Karaoke is checked? Then look at your Karaoke folders.

Are your Karaoke files zipped? If so, you need to add the zip extension in the Config->Codecs tab. So, VDJ will see them as the Karaoke files and not just the MP3 files.

And yes, since you modified things "folder" structure you are going to loose some of the data from 4.3 But you can try a Check and Clean to see if VDJ can re-associate the files with the DB data.

Let me know how things turn out with the searching? Is it better?

Posté Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 4:12 am
Ok this is where it gets weird my karaoke a-z folders show up on the left side o files are listed to the right of the search but as soon as i search a song it shows in the search field in the middle with karaoke songs and regular songs when i clear the search field they all magically dissappear?! weird huh.
karaoke songs are zipped and the manual says that there is enhanced karaoke cdg detection, I did look in the codecs to see if the decoder is installed and there is zip zip decoder there is not karaoke cdg/zip decoder option like in v4.3.

Oh yeah if i click on any of the a-z karaoke folders they all show up in the center correctly but i have to click on each folder so this would be where recurse would come in. I recurse the karaoke main folder the computer freezes for a while and then all the karaoke songs show up in the middle like they should if i click on the music hard drive favorite folder my regular music shows all music in folders correctly accept for the music that was renamed in 4.3 which is now blank or unknown when i click back on karaokefavorite folder it goes in to the never ending recurse and then displays all the individual folders like before.
Sorry if I am repeating myself. My brain is shot and my wife is yapping at me to get off the pc!!

Posté Tue 11 Sep 07 @ 5:08 am
Well I have given up on v5. I am in the process of taking all my files out of the A-Z folders and have dowloaded a file called "fixtunes" that tags and puts all the songs with the appropriate artist folders wich is taking forever but it is better than reripping all my music! I am leaving my mobile rig alone and I am getting the home system tagged renamed & filed correctly first, then I will install v5 and see how if that does the trick. One last question: on the left side of the browser after recursing should I see all the artist names? Is there a way to make all those files stay hidden?
Thanks,
Craig

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 6:23 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)