Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet .VOB and MPEG?????

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Whats the difference between these 2 types???

Which is the better quality?

Does one of these take up more space???

Is there another format better than any of these 2???

Thanks........

Posté Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 1:50 am

Posté Wed 12 Sep 07 @ 2:01 am
BUMP

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 9:27 pm
Why did u bump this up, the info is in the above link. VOB is in fact an MPEG2 file, a MPEG is less quality that some say is fine but the files are a lot smaller. For the price of hard drives the best method is to RIP to VOB and use those. After ripping just change the extension of the file to .mpeg.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 10:36 pm
Actually the only difference between a VOB and a straight MPEG-2 file is that the VOB file is a container for other information such as the Subtitles and additional audio. VOB stands for DVD-Video Object. VOB files can be just as crappy as a badly encoded AVI file. Most people think that a VOB is an uncompressed MPEG file, which is not true. As said above, the reason VOB files are generally larger than most files is because of the extra information contained in them which has no effect on the quality of the video itself.

Posté Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 3:38 am
Thanks.....

........at the moment I am converting my DVD's into .VOB files.....is there a way to get rid of the extra stuff that I don't need so that it takes up less space?

Posté Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 2:15 am
What are you using to do the conversion? If you are using DVD Decrypter to RIP the chapters, you can use a program like WinAVI to convert the VOB into a straight MPEG file. The overhead of a ripped VOB file really shouldn't be that much more than a MPEG-2 file, so I wouldn't worry. The little discspace you would get back isn't worth the extra trouble.

Posté Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 3:41 am
Cheers.....Much Appreciated :o)

Posté Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 11:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)