Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet video file extenssion question

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

HoffmanPRO InfinityMember since 2006
HI,

I usually play all .vob and .mpeg video files in Virtual DJ.

I have a video that has a .divx extension. I noticed VDJ did not see/read it. I simply changed the extension to .avi and it sems to work on my home system in VDJ.

before I move it over to my gig system, do .avi files play NO PROBLEM just like my .vob and mpegs????

thanks!!!!

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 4:01 am
I have no problems with mine. Most of my videos are Divx encoded.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 4:17 am
HI again,

well I just changed the extension to .vob and that plays too!!!! I am happy- which one is better to change the extension to play in VDJ? .avi or .vob?

thanks,

B

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 4:25 am
Be careful with changing the extension without knowing what format the file is in. The internal VDJ decoder does a good job of figuring out what it is playing regardless of the extension. Other programs may not be so forgiving. If you are not sure what format your video is in, there is a program called Gspot (www.headbands.com/gspot/) which will tell you everything you wanted to know about that video file. (But were afraid to ask.) Once you install it, just right click on the video and it will tell you everything.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 5:31 am
HI,

if the original extension is .divx and I change it to .vob and it plays fine in VDJ, I should be ok then?

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 6:24 am
I would change it to .AVI because technically that is the container used for DIVX files. VOB is a totally different animal.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 6:27 am
will try it- thank you.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 8:14 am
i 2nd that....change .divx to avi.

but in codecs u should be able to just add a codec extension ".divx" to work with wmp

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 8:21 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
As funkturnal suggested leave the .divx extension on the file.
Add it to the Config->Codecs tab however, I would leave it on the Video Decoder option
.divx - Video Decoder

If you have problems with it then change to the Windows Media Player video decoder.

VirtualDJ should be able to handle the DivX codec internally.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 2:12 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)