Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Automix Slam Mix? My Better Idea!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This is the only type of mix I cant stand, but theres no way to turn it off! If you turn off Smart mixing, all you get is fade mixing, You leave smart on, and it just cuts from one track to another, and usually out of beat. Ive had 4 complaints from customers saying the DJ is aweful, yet there is no one in the DJ box! I suspect they are referring to the ends of their songs being cut off, as the beatmixes and fade mixes are usually fine with automix!

SOLUTION,
Instead of "Smart" in the list of options, let people tick or untick what typers of mixes they will allow. So Add..
"Slam fade"
"Fade mix without silence"
"Beatmix"

I really cant see the point in slam fade mixes done unless it's by the dj who knows where to do it, but if some people want to use it, let those that don't, turn it off.

If people tick all three they get "Smart" as it was before, but gives them the option to turn off options they dont want, or mix types that don't suit.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 6:13 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
halo_djk

I don't get what you are saying and if you are getting complaints about the Automix DJ from customers, maybe hire a DJ to do the job.

Anyhow, you want the cleanest mix - Fade (Keep Intro/Outro ) with a Time of 8s or 16s

But, I don't see the issue or what you are describing in my setup as a problem. And all these different settings you are talking about turning on and off - where are those? Smart is one option and if you select a different type it is deselected. So, lost in what you are describing.

Posté Thu 13 Sep 07 @ 1:09 pm
This is in a club enviroment, right after the doors are opened, there is a dj (me) but for the first hour or so we leave automix on, as it is too quiet for me to actually start working.

The diferent settings I am talking about, don't exist, that is my suggestion. Instead of just having the one option "Smart" that lets VDJ decide what type of mix to use, let the user of VDJ decide if there are some type of mixes he would like to not use.
My main problem is with the "Slam" mix, where VDJ just slams from one song to another. It's almost a "Cut mix" and as VDJ is not smart enough to know when to do it, much of the time it does it in the wrong spot, ie, right in the middle of some lyrics in a song. Makes you sound like you are missing part of the song, or it's a mix CD, that was mixed badly.

I would use the fade option, like i did in 4.3, but have found that I like the beatmixing, and the fade mixes that VDJ does in smart mode, they are really well done, but if I want to allow VDJ to beatmix, i'm also stuck with these cut mixes too.

There may be others that dont like the beatmixes, but like the cut and fade mixes, the next guy may not like the fade mixes, but likes the cut and beatmixes.

Another way I could suggest this was done, was under "Automix" in the pop up menu in the side list, put smart mix at the top of its own list. Under it add "Allow Fade", Then "Allow Cut", and lastly "Allow Beatmix". If you click "Smart" VDJ Greys out the other 3 options, as VDJ will choose the corret mix from all three. But with "Smart" off, you would be able to select, and deselect each of the three mix types, perhaps leaving just "fade", or just "cut", or just "beatmix". If all were turned off you would then have VDJ play the whole songs like it does at present on "Fade-Keep intro/outro" IE no mix type.
If two were selected, VDJ then still choose what mix type was best suited for the next mix.
At present you "Can" turn off the cut mix type on each song, (By clicking BPM, then using the automix tab) but it would be far easier to turn it off as a mix type, than go through 15,000 tracks turning the option off for every song. =)

Posté Fri 14 Sep 07 @ 3:29 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)