Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New Laptop

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It is time for me to upgrade my laptop. I have a Numark total control and a djio. I currently have cue le but i want to upgrade to the full version. I am also planning to getting 2 Numark ICDX's. I have come accross some laptops which are in my pricerange. I am a college student majoring in electrical engineering and i sometimes have to run different types of software. Some examples are AutoCad, Soldworks, Visual Basic, and I have to do some programming with C++. I need a laptop that I will be abel to do everything.
Which of the following is better overall??? Which would be best for me???

1)HP Pavilion DV-9429-US or DV-6458-SE
AMD Turion 64 X2 2.20GHz
2x512 KB L2 cache, Bus Speed 1600MHz
2GB RAM, 200GB HDD, Video Memory 559MB Shared
Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 video card

2)Toshiba A215-S4767
AMD Turion 64 X2 Gold Edition TL-64 at 2.2GHz
2 x 512KB L2 cache
2GB DDR2 SDRAM memory (shared); upgradeable to 4GB
250GB (4,200 RPM) SATA hard drive
15.4" widescreen TruBrite™ TFT LCD display; 1280 x 800 (WXGA) native resolution
ATI Radeon X1200 graphics, 128MB-319MB dynamically allocated shared graphics memory

3)HP Pavilion tx1205us
AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-64 at 2.2GHz
2x512KB L2 cache, 2G 160GB (5,400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
B DDR2 SDRAM (2 x 1024MB),
12.1" WXGA BrightView widescreen display with integrated touch-screen; 1280 x 800 native resolution
NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 6150 graphics (shared)

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 12:35 am
Can't contribute, but what's the price range on those laptops?

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 4:18 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
I suggest Intel Core 2 based laptops.

Posté Sun 16 Sep 07 @ 9:41 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I can't recommend HP Pavillion laptops due to compatibility issues with external soundcards and video drivers, at the same time i know some people are using them ok.

Gary

Posté Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 2:06 am
I would recommend a Shuttle System over a lappy due to the fact of upgradability, BUT if you do find a lappy there are plenty of us that would like to know what works!!!:)

Posté Mon 17 Sep 07 @ 11:09 am
I agree with discobrian as well, have had some stuff go wrong with a laptops reliability, esp. the upgrade thing, and a shuttle never fails.

Posté Tue 18 Sep 07 @ 3:50 am
I and others have had awful bad luck with Dell laptops as well.

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 5:39 pm
When looking to buy a laptop for dj use. The main thing is getting one with a good processor like a dual core.Amd turion 64x2. Amd is very good and is faster than intel. Second is having 2 gigs of ram and a 256 video card. This is good for those that want to DJ with videos. The hard drive like 60 or higher wouldnt concern me because i use external ones for all my music and videos. I dont like using my laptops internal. I have a dell inspiron 1501 with a AMD turion 64X2 2.0 GHZ, 2 gigs of ram, 256 mb video card and a 80 gig hd. It is superfast. One thing i found out about dells laptops is that, you can change the settings on the laptop CPU fan to run on all the time. Laptops have a temp level for it to reach before the fan turns on. Right now i am running windows XP instead of vista. For me, XP is running better with no sound distortion. Ill switch back to vista in a few months when drivers are updated. If you are a DJ to play only music, try doing a stress test on your current laptop to see if it freezes. Try scratching really really fast. Try doing alot of back spins. This will put alot of stress on your cpu. If you have a good laptop, then it would handle it. If it freezes alittle, try adding more ram. This is my opnion and based on all the laptops that i owned... 6 laptops in 2 years to be exact. LOL I bought them cheap, what can i say.........

Posté Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 7:33 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)