Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Need Input On Flyer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Trying to come up with a good flyer and came up with this as a draft. What do you think? Where could it stand to be improved? Thanks in advance for your input;^]

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 3:48 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi tim

1 drop the face lol, for me as say a client you give the impression of a certain style of music i may not be looking for...

2 weddings etc, list more type of partys you cater for, high school, teenage, corporate etc....

3 music to suit all tastes and styles...

4 drop bookings and deposit in advance (you can talk to the client about this when they contact you, it may scare them off otherwise) replace with something like, bookings and further information please contact...

5 i would change background from shoreline to more music orientated, disco, lights or whatever, you could look at vdj radio dj cards for some ideas...

hope this helps in someway, you did ask lol...

Tayla

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 4:25 pm
I agree with tayla. Follow his/her steps. It is not very professional. If you want your pic on there, have a tux or nice suit on or something.

Look Profressional

You don't want to look like a "rookie" even if you are. :-)

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 4:35 pm
i would recommend get a photo from an event , everybody smiling cutting the cake , or you at the mic or whatever.... don't say small and medium events it precludes large events and why do that ??? most gigs will be small or medium anyway...... tell them how many years of experience or referrals available ..... don't talk about equipment ... they expect pro equipment as they should but they don't understand so don't bother ....... leave out the reference about deposits ... thats gettin' ahead of yourself ...... the flyer is just to present yourself and your company as friendly entertaining professionals that do whatever your client wants to have a fun event that there friends and family will remember happily ........

also forget prices ... not on the flyer ..... and don't even think about the low end of the prices ....why ?? you don't deserve more ??

lots of us here using VDJ are way beyond the usual low end schmucks ....... especially if you do video !!

i don't have any prob with the background ... it is different

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 4:50 pm
speed

ave' done more than 600 posts and you still cannot work out i'm a bloke, would'nt want to stand next to you when lights are down low...lol

Tayla

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 4:52 pm
tayla wrote :
speed

ave' done more than 600 posts and you still cannot work out i'm a bloke, would'nt want to stand next to you when lights are down low...lol

Tayla

lol sorry man... will remember next time. I knew you were a guy, but wasn't to shure lol. If you were a hot chick, then we might be in business with the lights down thing ;-)

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 4:57 pm
chucknorrisyouwimps wrote :
don't say small and medium events it precludes large events and why do that ??? most gigs will be small or medium anyway...... tell them how many years of experience or referrals available ..... don't talk about equipment ... they expect pro equipment as they should but they don't understand so don't bother ....... leave out the reference about deposits ... thats gettin' ahead of yourself ...... the flyer is just to present yourself and your company as friendly entertaining professionals that do whatever your client wants to have a fun event that there friends and family will remember happily ........

also forget prices ... not on the flyer ..... and don't even think about the low end of the prices ....why ?? you don't deserve more ??

^^Also very good tips

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 5:00 pm
speed

pug nose and cauliflower ears gives the game away, mind the girls keep shouting donkey at me for some reason lol...

Tayla

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 5:06 pm
Thanks for all the input!
I originaly left out big events because my equipment is not top dolllar, my sound system right now is only 120 watts to one side & 80 to the other. I don't have any good wedding pics for the same reason my prices are so low, that I've only done one wedding and a couple of bbq's. But the $150 rate is only for 2 hours, I do up to 4 for $200 and 6 for $250, plus $50 for lights. As I get more business and reputation I plan on both raising my prices and taking out a business loan to get better gear. But for now just working with what I got.
Anyway, after listening to the advice given I've come up with this one;^]

edit: just respelled birthday on original file

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 5:08 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
The second flyer looks much better. The first one had a "Would you trust your kids with man?" vib. Also I never publish my prices, make the customer call you, giving you the opportunity to sell yourself, and what you have to offer. Once you have them on the phone set a goal for yourself. How many calls will you close deals on. My last piece of advice....never negotiate price. You want $150 for two hours YOU GET $150 FOR TWO HOURS!! If anyone asks why you don't negotiate ask them to try to negotiate with a plumber see how far they get. Good luck!!

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 5:57 pm
you are going to get last minute calls and you can't get a deposit 3 weeks in advance ......... i tell them i'll accept 60% when i arrive and the remainder 2 hours later ..... if they are a referral from an established customer i might even take a check at any rate although there can be risks i have always been the hero taking the last minute calls and those customers love me , you can very much make that work for you and your friendly reputation .........

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 6:06 pm
remove the price(s) ..... And birthday is spelled wrong. lol You could say "call today for a special rate." or something to that nature. Or just "Call for pricing."

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 6:17 pm
Teary does a lotta weddings .... so listen up

i personally break all kinda rules but still have success because my customers know i like them and really remember them and do a lotta little extra niceties ...... i don't do brochures with prices .... it just tells the competition what you charge and gives customers something to argue about ...so brochures to me are lousy

i have no website ...... i have no set plan of calling or spamming my customers ....... i actually look for news articles in the little crap local papers and then that's my excuse to call the mayor's friend and strike up a conversation (not a sales call) ...... stay in touch , take a personal approach , i send season's greetings a few days before black friday .......... i call almost everybody for a personal Christmas / Hannukah greeting and i give out my 2 disc set of Christmas music

they aren't addresses to be spammed , they're people and you will be more successful if you remember that

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 6:26 pm
much much better still needs a bit tweaking but your getting there, i would loose the music sheets and go the whole flyer with the disco shot, get rid of your starting price and rate plan otherwise your inviting everybody for special rates and will feel disappointed if they don't get one, just keep taking a long look at your flyer and say to yourself would i take any notice of that if you came across it...don't loose the faith you'll get there...

Tayla

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 7:13 pm
just took another look how about "we provide music for all taste and styles whatever the occasion" gives the impression they are not dealing with a one man show...

Tayla

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 7:16 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
tayla wrote :
just took another look how about "we provide music for all taste and styles whatever the occasion" gives the impression they are not dealing with a one man show...

Tayla

Good suggestion here from Tayla.....the sheet music background is a personal taste thing..I like it. The Purple is a tad bit bright for my taste......The best thing I have read here is.....Think to yourself..would this catch my attention.

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 10:13 pm
I think the disco pic is a bit too loud to be the main background, would make finding the proper text colors a pain. I understand where you guys are coming from about the price and changing I to we, however I kind of feel like the price should stay because people whoi've been DJ shopping only to find DJs out of their budget may see it & make the call (and if they make the call the flyer's done it's job). I'm a firm believer in up front business practice, and I really don't want to charge one client more than the next for the same services just because they're willing to pay more, well not until demand goes up anyway.
@Chuck, the reason I'm trying to get the deposit so far in advance is because I need to spend it in preperation for the event (buying music, bulbs, etc.). I only pull in about $650 a month now as it is, so things get a little tight. But I'll take that into consideration when dealing with clients. And that's good ideas with sending seasonal cards and such, though I don't celebrate any but passover, it is about the clients and not me. Oh yeah, no worries I'd never spam a client.

Thanks again to all for the input and advice, I'll probably keep playing around a bit before I start printing;^]

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 10:34 pm
VDJ Team is always here to help you Timmyg1978. Good luck with that! Leave a message if you need any more help/advice!

Regards

Posté Sat 15 Sep 07 @ 11:57 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)