Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Fixing My Mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I'd been having trouble with my gemini ps-04 mixer lately, the cue buttons would still leave the sound in the headphones when released & I'd have to keep pressing them until they would finaly go, and the fx section got so noisy when trying to use it that it was totaly unusable. So I had called a local electronics shop, they said it sounded like a short and could probably fix it for $50. So I got the money together & was about to take it there when my dad asked to look at it first saying it didn't sound like a short to him. He opened it up, used some surface cleaner on the switches & bam, all problems gone. And now I've got an extra $50 to spend as I please (woot 4 me..lol). So to anybody having similar problems, try the surface cleaner on your switches before getting ripped off by some shop. And that's my lesson of the day;^]

Posté Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 9:17 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Its amazing what can be done with a can of tech spray. Just be careful with it..it is very flammable and, can eat away some plastics.

Posté Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 9:24 pm
That's true, so if you've got nervous hands like mine you may want to get someone with steady hands to do it. And no smoking while you do it..lol. I'm a pretty heavy smoker so that could have been the root of the problem, just in case I'm keeping a cover over my mixer when not in use from now on;^]

Posté Wed 19 Sep 07 @ 10:05 pm
i keep sprayin' the pain in the a$$ dancers 'n customers at the club ......... but there still dirty ......

Posté Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 3:31 am
You're too funny!!

Posté Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:29 am
That's what happens with cheap equipment--it'll constantly break down. If you stick with high-end brands such as Rane, Allen & Heath, etc you'll never have a problem. If you don't have the money to spend on these brands, Denon would be your next-best option. Gemini, Numark, Stanton, etc are just pure crap. They'll do the job for the basement dj, but will never sound as good or hold up as well as the quality products.

Posté Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:45 am
Double Image wrote :
That's what happens with cheap equipment--it'll constantly break down. If you stick with high-end brands such as Rane, Allen & Heath, etc you'll never have a problem. If you don't have the money to spend on these brands, Denon would be your next-best option. Gemini, Numark, Stanton, etc are just pure crap. They'll do the job for the basement dj, but will never sound as good or hold up as well as the quality products.

Whoa there..... I have used Gemini, not sayin there good, but the mixer that is in one of our centers has been there for 12 years.

Posté Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 4:54 am
Double Image wrote :
Gemini, Numark, Stanton, etc are just pure crap. They'll do the job for the basement dj, but will never sound as good or hold up as well as the quality products.

You are sooooo out of line on this its not funny! I STILL have my first Numark mixer, its 20 years old..still works. Not a problem ever. And I am not basement DJ..I use my equipment good and hard.

Posté Thu 20 Sep 07 @ 5:12 am
Can't say I've used any of the high end mixers as they are waaaay out of my budget, but my gemini has served me well for the time I've had it (a little over a year now) except for those couple problems, which were as you see easily fixed with a little surface cleaner. It's at the heart of both my systems and is all I need and more. Granted the factory crossfader wasn't so great but I replaced it with the rg45 pro soon after I bought the mixer & that works beautifuly. I expect that RANE mixers are an industry standard for a reason, but for poor folks like me it's not an option, even the Denon mixers are too much for me as I need three channels and only get an average of $200 a month for equip.. I love my ps04, and I don't think I'll be replacing it until I absolutly have to;^]

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 1:22 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
There is nothing wrong with havin a cheaper mixer. You buy what you can afford.

I got a 12 year old gemini mixer,with my 1210 set up that has served me well, and I've had no problems with it. With a bit off TLC it might last me another 12 years.

I'm quite pride of the old girl, lol

Jimmy b,

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 2:50 am
hey, check out ebay... i used that gem crap a long time ago.. it does work for a great anchor for my boat... if you have questions message me ....

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:29 am
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
hey, check out ebay... i used that gem crap a long time ago.. it does work for a great anchor for my boat... if you have questions message me ....

Cant message you, your a Home Edition user, nice boat and no money left for Pro? :-)

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:34 am
Heh, forgot to mention I've worked my way out of the bedroom too. But really I think this goes back to the old saying on these forums, "what works best for you". All about personal taste again, gemini products have always worked good for me;^]

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:38 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I agree Timmyg

Just don't listen to the idiots. And keep on mixing.

Jimmy B

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 3:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)