Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Xponent - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I've read all other posts and all I would like to know if I'm to move on to you guys? Can I have a definite true answer as to whether you will support and rectify the jogg wheels problems with Xponent and VDJ. This controller is the ultimate one stop shop and think it will be worth your troubles to support this product. Unlike the reviews I hear about the MK2s soundcard, this sound card is very good. As a software expert myself, I know it won't take much to rectify this problem.

Xponent Advantages - One Stop Shop for mobile DJ - just need to take it and your laptop and hardrive to a gig
- Has a double mapping system using a bank switch. e.g I have mapped buttons for samples and when I hit the bank
switch, I can mapp them for effects. i have practically mapped everything to a button function.
Disadvantage - No Mic input

A bit of headsup - the xponent joggs have 2 midi signals - 1 sort of activate/deactivate touch/scratch and the other signal for scratch or scroll motion - I think we need native support within VDJ kind off like avtivate/deactivate scratch sensitivity...and one that supports the scroll values...

People keep saying support will come with time but people ahve been asking about other products to be supported and to date nothing.
So to the CEO of thesoftware, could I please have a definate answer as to whether you will support this as you have the PCDJ DAC 3 controller.
Support may not be immediate, but I would like to know if you are working on it or intend to support it.

Then I will purchase your software...I believe your software is the bast on the market and would like to join in the support and community. I really can't lie and say I have an alternative DJ program to go to because I have bonded well with my trail version and an really hoping you will support this controller

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 12:15 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The Xponent does work under VDJ through use of the inbuilt MIDI mapper. It's not a perfect implementation yet however. I found it functional and useable for the most part. I had to make a choice between job and scratch, and the button lights and level meters don't work either.

That said, I've just sent mine back and probably won't be bothering with a replacement after my experience with it and M-Audio support. Currently looking at alternatives...

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 1:45 pm
I know how to Map it and everything.....Torq does not compare to VDJ in anyway....this really in the answer to an all in one laptop DJ consolle...It seems like this forum will only give you the time of day if are a registered user, I am new and have been using PCDJ FX and unfortunatley sold my DAC-3 to get the xponent and then discovered VDJ in the middle of that, otherwise I would have been using may DAC-3.
I am looking to purchase the version 5 VDJ, but all I'm asking is are you guys looking to provide native support for this product in the near future. If I get a Yes, I will be the first to purchase a VDJ PRo Downlaod....and ensure the whole forum sees it so I can gain a bit of respek...I'm tired of been treated like an outcast

Posté Fri 21 Sep 07 @ 5:10 pm
MumpiPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I understand your point and basically have the same question.
Why isn't it possible to say if or if not the Xponent will be supported natively?
I see the point in not talking of improvements the software will get to keep this info secret from others in the market, but it is us users suffering here.
I also have the Xponent and I can't really use it with VDJ, all the nice features it has are lost ... this is sad and makes me sad.

You also have to see that people might move away from VDJ because of this. Not only because of the Xponent issue here, but the kind of how developers (or other VDJ responsibles) answer questions here.

It is just a matter of saying yes or no! This is annoying !!1!

Posté Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 2:27 pm
No answer! I'm not surprised!

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 10:03 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
News coming soon, stay tuned Mumpi :))))

http://www.duiops.net/seresvivos/galeria/monos/Hear%2520No%2520Evil,%2520See%2520No%2520Evil,%2520Speak%2520No%2520Evil.jpg" border="0">

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 10:25 am
I really don't wanna sound mean, really not, BUT "news are coming soon" is being said since ages!
I want a yes or a no, what is so hard about this?

I'm really tired of not getting any valueable info out of a support forum!

Sorry for being honest, don't get me wrong! Imagine yourself in my position!

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 10:41 am
Mumpi wrote :
I really don't wanna sound mean, really not, BUT "news are coming soon" is being said since ages!
I want a yes or a no, what is so hard about this?

I'm really tired of not getting any valueable info out of a support forum!

Sorry for being honest, don't get me wrong! Imagine yourself in my position!

Imagine yourself being THEIR position. There are so many controllers out there and some that are new. Give the team a chance to work on this, I am sure they know they need to make it native but can only work so fast. Relax

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 11:55 pm
Ummmmm if they have so many controllers they need to work on they should get started so they can say we are working on this now and have this many to go before we get to Xponent.. Not just say news is coming or wait... I would be willing to buy VDJ for my Xponent but not being able to give any definitive answers makes me very unsure of their technical progression... Does that mean they are trying to map out with the midi setup like everyone else has? LOL... As far as anyone else finding out what the VDJ team is doing.. I feel VDJ is a solid product and ahead of the game... Now if they could keep people here informed that would be another "+" for them to show the people that want to use Xponent with VDJ they are not outsiders and would like them to be part of the VDJ family..

Posté Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 12:21 am
@discobrain24

You didn't understand the intention of my post ...
surely there are numerous controllers on the market and not all can be supported natively and it also needs a certain amount of time to get the support right

BUT

all we are asking for is a YES or NO on the support question. I don't expect anybody to tell me that the Xponent will be supported next thursday, all I want is an answer to the question ... if there is going to be a native support !!1!

@dpmasterx

EXACTLY ...

I suppose you will be one of the first guys to buy a VDJ Pro license when they tell you of a Xponent support, RIGHT !?!

Posté Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 9:35 am
I did understand the intention of your post and you have to realise that I am sure they are well aware of what they need to do and surely a teamer may answer this better as none of us can answer this unless we are a teamer. They are well aware of the Xponent situation so sit tight.

Posté Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 9:51 am
VoltronPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I won't stop to think that developers should focus their mind into Audio/Midi/TCV engine optimization instead of video and other visual features...If midi is ok u can map also the hoover...why don't close this midi/tcv-chapter once forever??? Database server of this forum will be more happy grownin his size slower...thousands of ppl are askin always the same things regarding that...
Hope they will listen to me once in their life..
Peace and have fun,
DjKad

Posté Tue 02 Oct 07 @ 10:03 am
Yeah, well, another week of no news.
"Soon", seems to be a very stretchable word ...............................................
Could one of the teamers say something, PLEASE !!1!

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 1:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The newly releaseed 5.0 rev 4 has native Xponent support...

Obviously I've not used it, but the device is now listed in the remote control section.

Posté Mon 08 Oct 07 @ 5:36 pm
Yes the exponent is list as option on the controller but it has a bug in it.I am using the exponent through the midi config & it works perfect the only things that are not working are the led for each channel volume & the controller is not blinking to the beat other than that I've midi evry button to my liking & it works perfect .Keep in mind this is a hardware in order for hardware to run perfect it need a good pc to run it..........Again my exponent runs perfect....................

Posté Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 5:31 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Does that means that u can scratch perfectly on them wheels from Xponent using the VDJ?

Posté Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 9:17 pm
Scratch yes
perfect no
but I'm not a scrathing dj...............

Posté Sat 20 Oct 07 @ 10:45 pm
Super-PRO InfinityMember since 2007
It's not perfect because of hardware, or you're are talking about your skills:-)

Posté Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 12:26 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posté Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 9:00 am
I just got home updated to 5.5 & turned on the exponent mapper & could not get some buttons to work the lights were working but again some buttons are not. I know I can use the midi mapper that I made but how do I get the lights to work in the midi mode??????????

Posté Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 9:29 pm
26%