Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Option to choose outputs on ASIO Soundcard

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I know this has got to be an easy option to add into VDJ and I cant understand why it doesnt have it already.

In the soundcard setup can we please have the option to choose more than just channels 1&2, 3&4 and 5&6 on ASIO soundcards?

I have 8in/8out ASIO sound cards and would like to be able to have multi instance's of VDJ running for a 3rd and 4th turntable with TCV.
Instance 1 of VDJ (using channels 1&2, 3&4) will be used for mixing deck A and Deck B, and Instance 2 (using channels 5&6, 7&8) will be used for Scratching and the forth deck for Accapella's over top etc. It would take away the biggest limitation of VDJ! Makes Sense doesnt it?

As far as I can tell this would be easy to implement so I cant understand why it doesnt do it already!

Posté Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 7:01 am
I wish for this also. It was in version 3.4

Posté Mon 24 Sep 07 @ 7:17 pm
chansinPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Same here, I would like to see this return.

Posté Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 5:04 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ditto.... the advanced sound config in 3.4 was so much more flexible. I can see the use of the new sound config, it's more user friendly to those who aren't as PC-smart, but keeping the old config as an option would be nice...

Posté Tue 09 Oct 07 @ 4:42 pm
Temporary solution might be the one I discussed in the directks thread - select rearoute asio in the vdj instances then in reaper you can use the real asio or asio4all and route the vdj channels whatever way you like. I just rechecked the terms of Reaper 2.0 and you can keep on using it after the 30 day evaluation is over.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 12:48 am
I would like this feature too. I loved the power and flexibility in v3.4 of VirtualDJ. I would not like to install other programs since it was supported before.

Posté Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 4:42 pm
Looking for more support for this as I know there are more people out there that could benefit greatly from it. And it would mean that VDJ can truely use ASIO sound cards as at the moment alot of soundcards use channels 1&2 and sometimes 3&4 for Mic/Instrument inputs and are not compatible with phono inputs or sometimes line.

Posté Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 6:25 am
Yeh, I think it's got to be a good idea. I'm sure the developers could put it somewhere out the way in an "advanced setup" option so that it doesn't make the program less user friendly.

Hopefully it's already on the developers to-do list, I think it's been mentioned before somewhere.

Posté Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 9:54 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is this kind of thing easily implementable using the asio standard? Ive used many multi i/o cards and anything beyond 2-4 i/os seems to come with a mapper of it's own which would be where you'd do such a thing. my wonder is if the asio standard allows you to override these mappings using the software (vdj). it could be that this is a can of worms the developers dont want to get into because it becomes hardware proprietary, meaning the software had to individually address different hardwares (which defeats the purpose of vdjs open audio architecture).

just a thought and a question

Posté Sun 06 Jan 08 @ 10:46 pm
I have about 6 different ASIO cards and most of them have 8 outs (4 stereo pairs), several different makes such as Korg, RME and MOTU and all of these cards funtion without problems from any audio production based application. The output(s) you use are always selected from within the application the same way you would select your normal soundcard with the only difference being there are more options for more outputs.

I know VDJ would be easily capable of running on other channels IF the option was added into the soundcard setup. Most applications would have any available outputs selectable in its soundcard options but would not display those outputs if they are not there or not available. So essentially it would keep the setup simple if you have a simple soundcard but have the more advanced options (more outputs) with a more advanced soundcard i.e. asio card with several outputs.

I would really love this option to be added to VDJ.

Posté Sat 12 Jan 08 @ 1:28 am
jimmiemPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Count another vote for this from me. One of the few areas where I feel like VDJ has become less usable over the years.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 12:48 pm
Bump, please! I think it is very important to be able to access all the inputs AND the outputs on an ASIO card. My TASCAM US-2000 for example is a 16-in, 4-out; but the line inputs are on channels 9-10, 11-12, and 13-14. Everything else is instrument or mic level in, which I can still use but it is very inconvenient because I then have to manually adjust the input gain on the sound rack to get my timecodes working at 100%.

Posté Thu 22 Jul 10 @ 8:02 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Big Plus on this one for sure...+++++

Joey...

Posté Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 2:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is a work around that allows you to do this ;)

Posté Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 9:49 pm
Hey, SBDJ.

Starting to toy around with the software trial. However, I myself have an Audio 8 DJ Soundcard. What is this workaround?

Posté Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 10:30 am
+ 1
I like the audio setup setting on traktor, I wish VDJ was a bit more open to the channels and sound cards we can assign. On Traktor I can use any channel from any sound card.

Posté Tue 05 Oct 10 @ 5:24 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)