Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ5r2 Not scanning HD

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've been using v5 since it came out. Thought is was a glitch, but there are songs that are in my external hard drive that VDJ wont find or pull up. I can go through my computer/g drive/music files/ and drag it over and it plays fine. but to do a search in VDJ, it wont pull the song up or find it in the database. Anyone else have this issue? I know in 4.3, you could right click and scan your hard drive. 5 doesnt have it. I've tried the recurse and it doesnt help. Any input would be great.

Posté Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 1:50 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What is the setting for Search Database ? Go to Config -> Browser tab and look at the Search Database option -- is it Add Automatically?

Posté Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 5:23 am
it is. I've tried to "re-apply" this setting as well with no luck. Also tried to do the g:drive scan/fix options hoping it would see the new music added and still no luck.

Posté Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 1:43 pm
What O/S are you using ? And are these standard MP3 files ?

Posté Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 2:46 pm
XP and yes, they're all standard mp3 files. I didnt have this problem with 4.3, as I could just right click and scan. But w/ the new download, it's actually happened a few times, where I would type a song into the search bar that I knew was in the library, and it just wouldnt be able to find it.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 3:59 am
Before you do this below - do you have the Search Option set to include Filename and FilePath? Click on the small circle to the right of the Search box and check off the options.

If yes, then....

Did you do a regular install of 5.0? Take all the defaults? Is this the 5.0Rev2 install?
How many drives do you use with the install?

If Yes, then go to the MyDocuments -> VirtualDJ folder
Confirm that there is a file in the folder that is called VirtualDJ Database(username).xml <- this is your version 4.x database
Rename the VirtualDJ Database v5.xml file to VirtualDJ Database v5.xml.old
If you have multiple drives, go to each ROOT location and rename the VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml to VirtualDJ Local Database v5.xml.old
Launch VirtualDJ and let it rebuild the individual database files.

If you have any problems with what is above, STOP and ask questions or provide feedback as to what you see.

cstoll

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 4:29 am
Steps complete. I will monitor the program next time I update my library and let you know. Thank you.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 5:45 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)