Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet How to with Maya44USB?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Running a single CD player with the total control. I have a splitter going to a separate channel on the mixer but want to use two separate channels for queing from VJ.

Do I split the signal again into the second set of inputs?

input 1/2 Deck 1
input 3/4 Deck 2

Output 1/2 Channel 1
Output 3/4 Channel 2
CD direct to Channel 3

How do I do this and run timecode?

On another note can you run a midi device while running the total control? I was not sure of this due to the Total Control being a midi device as well.

Thanks for any help with this. Still a rookie but still loving the software. Still teh greatest ever...

Why in the hell did it take me this long to give in and try it?

Posté Tue 25 Sep 07 @ 6:49 am
Anybody?

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 3:24 am
Paulie if you can hit me up on MSN (my address is in my profile if you click my name)

I can help you set that up. with 1 deck otherwise in the sound options of VDJ

here is how to have your options properly setup

Inputs : Single Timecode
Outputs : External Mixer (2 channel)
Sound card(s) : Maya 44

at the very bottom of this window you now have "output channels"

make sure you chose the following...

Left Deck : Chan 1&2 /Right Deck : Chan 3&4

unless you prefer running in hamster switch on the mixer meaning your left deck controls the right fader and the right deck controls the left.

Posté Wed 26 Sep 07 @ 3:46 pm
Do I have to fix a setting for the software to know that the 1/2 input is the one to read the timecode from? When I posted this question it was because I am building a new coffin with everything inside of it..I will show pictures soon.

At the time I posted my problem was I was not using the maya44usb but rather the final scratch amp. I have not gotten to try what you have said yet but look forward to it. Just trying to buy all of the connectors is a pain in the buttocks!

It should turn out pretty slick though.

Posté Thu 27 Sep 07 @ 10:48 pm
if you follow exactly what I've mentioned above you shouldn't have any problems with the setup,

I myself have a flight case with 2 TTs, 1 mixer and the Maya 44 USB under 1 TT, all of my cables inside are connected to connectors attached on the case so my setup just sits on a table with the cabling connecting directly to the flight case for cleaner and quicker setups and tear downs.

Posté Sat 29 Sep 07 @ 4:34 pm
So does mine.

It is a hard leap for me to jump into complete software instead of hardware.

In the pictures above you see the tables but I am building a new case with just a single table top cd, the total control, and a studio mixer (later you will see why) and it has been challanging to say the least.

Does anyone use the Maya 44 USB to cue songs up with the headphone jack? I am going to jump from the Maya44 headphone jack to the front of the case right under the total control to a Neutrik locking 1/4 plug. This will allow me to use my headphones if need be without having to open the case up. I built the stupid wood trim today but without a table saw it turned out crappy as all get out. If this concept works I will redo it this winter.

All snakes are custom made by Carl Ondraka at Enlighten Designs. He has done a fantastic job and made a few nickels on me. He can sure look for more because I have NEVER seen cables this nice. I have bought them from just about everywhere but Carl is the man.

Thanks for all the help. I am certain at the first of the week I will be freaking out with questions so if you can monitor this post it would be great! I am sorry to be a noob but after doing the straight forward PCDJ thing for so long it, for whatever reason, is tough to think outside of that very small box.

Posté Thu 04 Oct 07 @ 6:37 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)