Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet please help me , i think im screwwed

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hey guys,im running vdj v5 revision 2

i removed my computer from its home and swapped out the dvd drive, upon re installing the computer and adding some tracls to the database, the program does the following:

it will load tracks but not play them, both video and audio
it also seems that the cpu usage is really high (75% ish) the computer is a dual core 2.4 2 gigs of ram with 5 TERABITES (YES TERABYTES) of hard drive , i have approx 15,000 vobs
the sound card is a gigaport, and it is controlled with a dac-3
video is on a radion x-550

the only changed i made was i pussibly plugged the usb into a different jack

i should also mention that the dac-3 buttons light up when pressed (both from the controller as well as the screen).

i tried re-installin the program without removing the existing one hoping to fix the problem, nope
i tried re-starting the computer - nope

im running out of ideas, please help

thanks -

BJ

Empire Ballroom
West Edmonton Mall
www.empireballroom.ca
780-231-7867

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 6:38 am
I do not quite get the situation. Did you dismantle the computer? If so, did you move parts around when putting it back together or did you only remove the DVD drive? Did you reinstall the OS or something? Are the sound cards visible in VirtualDJ? When you say that the CPU usage is very high is this upon starting VirtualDJ? Am I correct in saying that this is the same setup you had that worked before?

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:24 am
Save your database files in your MyDocuments/virtualdj folders, into a seperate folder.

uninstall both versions of VDJ

download the registry tool form here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/view.html?type=tool

re-install VDJ v5r4

and then move your database file back to mydocument/virtualdj.

also;

Sounds like you have a lot of processes going on there BJ, try turing off some of your unessesary stuff.

I don;t know If you still have my Cell# if not hit me with a PM - I'm working over at Diamonds so Jason/Ryan will know how to get ahold of me. I can come over and try to help you out.
Good Luck

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:29 am
i think i got it,

i reinstalled with version 5 rev 4,
and re-detected re plugged in all usb plugs, i think it was a loose usb, or possibly a bad port

i wasnt the fact i had too much stuff running, the computer only has virtual dj, winamp and windows media player

it is dedicated to media playback

thanks for your help

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 7:50 am
Interesting to note, but I am glad you got the issue resolved. Maybe VirtualDJ is sensitive to hardware devices switch USB ports. I know that the BCD2000 is picky about that.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:21 am
Well could be as if you unplug a HD then plug it into a different USB port, it can change the drive letter therefore screwing up the database.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 8:44 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)