Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Pausing Video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have Video Pausing Issues with My home/test system.
System Specs:

VDJ v5r4
intell dual core processor
geforce 8500 gt 256mb vid card
1 meg ram
xp o/s
videos encoded to mpg format.

I've tryed lowering performace, in both vdj,widows,vid card settings
Changed the codec back and fotrth to windows media player/vdj decoder
Added more shared memory in the bios

But I can play one vid fine, then trasnition to a second the second will play - then freeze, then play, then freeze, then play out. The freezes aren't for a second or two they freeze for quite a while. Audio plays just fine.

If I turn off Hardware acceleration - the vids Play fine - but no good stuff (transitions and effects)

Any Advice?

Before I go get a 512MB vid card?

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 3:30 pm
I am suspecting the Video card may be the issue here, by chance what is the video card??

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 9:01 pm
You may have already done this, but try updating the video card's drivers. NVIDIA released new drivers recently (September 28, 2007). I myself have a BFG Tech NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX OC 256 MB.

Did you try with the "Decode while hidden" option enabled and disabled? Your 256 MB card sounds powerful enough. I do not think that VirtualDJ needs 512 MB to play videos.

Posté Thu 11 Oct 07 @ 10:10 pm
OKay I've solved the problem.

I updated the the driver package for the Card.

No luck.

I was still fooling around with settings and codecs trying to get the image to stop freezing. The audio plays fine, but the image locks up.

Then if I try to unlockit by disabling the hardware accel etc; It locks

And it's a hard lock - CTRL/ALT/DEL takes FOREVER to shut it down. The Music Stutters like a CDJ on pause.

I fianlly gave up.

I got another card.

I went from a GeForce 8500 GT 256MB ddr2 card; To an ATI Radeon HD2600 PRO 512MB DDR2 card.

Now all this effort was just to get Video mixing/video effects/visualizations going so that I can test VDJ to my satisfaction on my home machine.
I uninstalled VDJ twice because of this and had to spend $120.00 just to practice smoothly.

v5r4 better run smoother on my performance rig. The first time out. Spending money on upgrades when a Update comes doesn;t appeal to me at all

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 4:30 pm
I wonder why that happens. Is it a VirtualDJ, video card, DirectX issue? I wonder. I have always trusted NVIDIA, so far. I also wonder it the GeForce 8500 GT has any stripped down features to cause the issue.

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 10:28 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Marcel - you should not have had to go through and buy a new card. From what I read in your posts (and I know you are smart at this) I don't see anything that you were doing wrong and there is no reason that VirtualDJ should not have worked with that card.

Could have been numerous things... off the top of my head looks like you at least took a stab at everything short of a O/S reload.

Posté Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 2:21 am
I was going to do that actually Chris but I lost my O/s OEM disk when I moved to my new Love nest with my GF. :P

I'm probably going to update to Vista on this machine as soon as I determine what hardware/software I use that's compatable and so forth.

I like vista's audio/visual engine much better than XP's

Posté Mon 15 Oct 07 @ 8:28 am

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 6:39 am
Hi.. I got a comp to fix for a friend that had video freezing probs, so i came here to solve the problem, only to find out that all the forums possible answers failed, even the rivatune, bios update, chip update etc, could not stop the freeze, the only solution was to untic the "use hardware acceleration" which affects transitons, slideshow & loading of videos...

So, when I was just about to throw the comp back at him " in pieces after hitting it several times with a hammer" & tell him to try another software program,

I went into the bios disabled the onboard VGA, & ran the VGA & S-video from the Video Card (basic geforce 7100 GS) & now the thing runs a dream..
video transitons, slideshow, loading videos & basically hitting every button in sight couldn't freeze the video.

the card now allocates 128mb to each output, before there was 256 for the onboard & 128 (after rivatuner) from the card,

the sytstem spec: 3000 sempron, 2gb mem, sata HD, videos run from external HD,
used for video & slidewhows only

thanks..Most

Posté Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 3:02 pm
Good to know for other people who search the forum. Thank you for posting.

Posté Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 9:07 am
Rivatuner would not work for my nVidia 8600M GT and there is nowhere that I can find drivers to use it. And there is nowhere that tells you haw to turn this turbocache junk off!!!!!

Posté Sat 01 Mar 08 @ 10:40 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)