Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Which Controller should I replace my DAC3 with?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

It's been a long time, but I'll be getting back to the VJing/KJing in a few weeks and I'm looking at a new controller.

Seems time has produced a lot of new controllers. I have my DAC3, but one of the buttons is beginning to not work and I've had to re-solder the USB joint TWICE now. I'm ready to move on.

I don't really care if the device has a mic (I'll use a real mixer for KJing), I don't care if it has built in sound (Unless it is better than X-Fi and doesn't pop and crackle). I don't want extra LINE noise product.

I'd like it to be rack mountable, replace my Numark Mixer that I use to crossfade, I'd like it to control the video crossfade as well as the audio (if possible). I'd rather NOT have to use the mouse a lot.

The BCD 3000 looks nice, except I HATE Behringer Products for their Quality (I started out on a Behringer Mixer and the line noise produced was overwhelming) and I don't think it is rack mountable. M-Audio has the name, but do they have the product? What is this Vastax?

I'd like ONE unit that fits nicely in my box and I don't care if it takes up multiple rack spaces, just as long as it works and will continue to work. I'm bummed that my DAC3 is already showing as much wear and tear for as little as I used it!

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:19 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not what you asked for controller wise - I'm sure someone will have various recommendations for you! However just thought I'd say that the DAC3 buttons are usually easily fixed with a strip down and some a quick spray of some contact cleaner :) I had to do that to mine within about 6 months of use. Since then it's been fine!

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:26 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
take a look at dn-hc4500 from denon.. as i think that more suited for ur enviroment:).. N if u still want to use ur dac3 as new again, do as SBDJ suggest:)

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:28 pm
The Denon looks nice, however doesn't have cross fade capabilities. I'll try the contact cleaner, but the DAC3 still lacks crossfade and I don't like the combination controls needed to crossfade the video. If I have to sacrafice crossfade audio for a real video crossfade, I'll take it.

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 3:37 pm
Try the Numark DMC-2 - This is similar to the DAC-3, but has dedicated video and audio crossfading buttons, allowing you to trigger a crossfade without multiple button combinations. There's a custom mapper available for the DMC-2 too.

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 8:15 pm
How does the DMC-2 compare to the BCD-3000? Can the Latter be rack mounted, I saw a post where some call it a toy.

Posté Fri 12 Oct 07 @ 9:51 pm
The BCD-3000 is a complete stand-alone controller with built-in mixer. A lot of people have trouble with this controller and it's former version BCD-2000, so I wouldn't recommend it. I doubt it can be rack mounted.

If you have a DAC-3, you probably already have a rack mount system with external DJ mixer. The DMC-2 is the same size (3u) as the DAC-3, so will just slot into the same space. It does need it's own external power though, unlike the DAC-3.

Over the DAC-3, the DMC-2 offers more VDJ orientated layout (Designed with VDJ/Cue in mind rather than PCDJ FX), text displays (These allow file/folder browsing without looking at your screen) and the dedicated audio/video crossfading buttons (Automatically crossfade the video and/or audio when pressed.) The pitch sliders also offer 4x more precision than the DAC-3, which is great for manual beat matching.

Posté Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 8:35 pm
Actually I have two mixers.. I've got one for VJing and one for Live Sound Reinforcement/Karaoke. I'm using a Numark Mixer to crossfade audio with a traditional left right cross fader, my Mackie Mixer doesn't afford me this but I can get away (if I'm willing to use two hands) adjusting the audio fade.

A button sounds very regimented to me... I could easily slide between two audio/video sources as quick or slow as I wanted. That is why I ask about the other devices, even the Xponent.

Posté Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 10:16 pm
Regarding the Denon, I just realized I have an old DN-D4000 that will work with that controller just sitting in a box. Is this unit superior to or equal to the Numark DMC2?

Posté Sat 13 Oct 07 @ 11:07 pm
I want it cause of these 3 words, Touch Sensitive Jogs

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 2:01 am
Mix93fmPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I actaully have been using the dac-2 and just recently had the opportunity to use the Nunmark DMC-2. I love the video and effect buttons but think the pitch control sucks. Maybe it was the way my friend had it set up but whenever i mixed and had to adjust tempo, the controls had a delay. Anyone else had similar ? My friend has also had to re solder his dac-3 a bunch of times and now has issues with the usb connection. How is Total control - for tempo control ? The video and effect controls are nice on these Numark solutions but if the tempo controls are off - they are no good for me.

So, in other words, which controler have you used that not only has the ability to control most aspects of VDJ but also have a really good and immediate tempo response ?

Thanks - as im also looking for a new controller.

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 4:58 pm
liquidmix wrote :
I actaully have been using the dac-2 and just recently had the opportunity to use the Nunmark DMC-2. I love the video and effect buttons but think the pitch control sucks. Maybe it was the way my friend had it set up but whenever i mixed and had to adjust tempo, the controls had a delay. Anyone else had similar ? My friend has also had to re solder his dac-3 a bunch of times and now has issues with the usb connection. How is Total control - for tempo control ? The video and effect controls are nice on these Numark solutions but if the tempo controls are off - they are no good for me.

Works fine for me using my custom mapper. I don't use the default support, so I can't comment on that, but from what I remember that works very good too. My mapper does proper pitch bending when using the jogwheel and does incremental pitch bending when using the +/- buttons. You can adjust the jogwheel sensitivity for various functions to suit your preferences with the mapper. No problems adjusting pitch with the pitch slider either - 4 times as precise as the DAC-3.

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 8:57 pm
PCGumshoe wrote :
Regarding the Denon, I just realized I have an old DN-D4000 that will work with that controller just sitting in a box. Is this unit superior to or equal to the Numark DMC2?

Depends on what you want. Both feature text displays, which is a big improvement over the DAC-3.

Pro's of the HC4500 include:

• Touch-sensitive jogwheels (Not so important to non-scratch DJ's though.)
  • Built-in sound card.
  • Ability to control Denon dual-CD player drawer directly from the same unit.
  • Ability to hook up to compatible Denon mixer for crossfader control (May allow video crossfader to be controlled in VDJ.)

Con's of the HC4500:

• Native support not finished yet (As far as I'm aware.)
  • No mapper available yet (I will do one once I get hold of one.)

Pro's of DMC-2:

• Cheaper than Denon HC4500
  • Good built-in native support.
  • Custom mapper available.
  • Dedicated auto video/audio crossfading buttons.
  • Button layout designed with VDJ/Cue in mind.

Con's of DMC-2:

• No built-in soundcard (A pro if you already have a high quality one such as Maya44)
  • No touch-sensitive jogwheels.

Posté Sun 14 Oct 07 @ 9:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)