Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DMC2 horror

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello all,

Has this happened to anyone of you. I was using my DMC2 last thursday and all of sudden, when I hit a button on the rights side, it affected the left. If I hit cue on the right for instance, it would pause the left side playing. This was really strange. Is it the DMC2 or VirtualDj causing the problem. I installed VDJ rev 4 and had to remove it after about 2 hours of installing it because it just exited after an hour of automixing. I hard to revert back to rev2, that;s when the trouble started. I am on windows XP pro

thanx

Posté Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 2:55 pm
I've never had this happen. Are you using the DMC-2 mapper?

Posté Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 7:19 pm
yes sir, i am using your mapper.

Posté Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 11:06 pm
I've never had this happen before. If it happens again, try disabling the mapper by going into Effects --> External Control and selecting the dmc2 from the list. Click the on-screen button to disable it. This will then revert back to native support in VDJ so you can determine whether the mapper is the cause. You can enable the mapper again at any time by clicking the button again.

NOTE: There is a known bug with double-clicking the AUTOMIX to do 'mix now' in v1.1 of the mapper - This may fade to the wrong side. Please install the new v1.2 version that fixes this problem,

Posté Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 8:30 pm
@jpboggis.

Hi, been using your mapper for the DAC-3 since it first came out, unfortuantly my USB socket has become a bit dodgy (tried resoldering made no difference, may be loose/dirty contacts inside the socket - gonna try to get this bit replaced), anyway, noticed that you do a mapper for the numark DMC-2, does your mapper work the same/similar to the dac-3 one ? What do you think of this as a controller, is it better built. Are the wheels as good. Thanks for any comments.

Posté Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 3:50 pm
The DMC-2 mapper is similar to the DAC-3 mapper, but there are some differences, particularly with how the modes work (The parameter knob is used for effects, samples, etc.) I'd recommend downloading the DMC-2 mapper and having a look at the included manual to get an idea of how it works.

The controller is much better built than the DAC-3 - The button functions have been chosen with Numark Cue/VDJ in mind rather than PCDJ. Also, the buttons are much higher quality than the DAC-3.

The jogwheels are very similar to the DAC-3 and are free spinning (Not touch-sensitive.) The pitch sliders have far greater precision than the DAC-3, so are better for manual beat matching.

The LCD display is a big advantage over the DAC-3 because it's able to show text, so you can see track details, effect, sample, etc. names, etc. You can browse and load songs directly from the DMC-2.

If you mix video, you will find the dedicated video crossfading buttons very useful.

Unlike the DAC-3, it's not USB bus powered and has its own power supply.

Posté Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 6:05 pm
Thanks for getting back to me, i've got one now. Like it a lot. Was a little scared at first plug in as the lcds backlights kept fading in and out and pluggin into the PC it wouldn't recognize it. Panic over after waiting 5 minutes it all came to life. I guess theres some kind of rechargable memory cell/capacitor that needed to be charged.

Certainly feels good, and I like the layout and your plugin, very logical. The wheels don't seem as free spinning as the ones on the DAC, but actually work/sound better in use. Agree with the pitch control comment, much finer adjusting is good.

Now also looking at the Denon one as I already have a dn-d4000 cd/mp3 player which is supposedly compatible. Probably don't really need it now got the DMC-2, but like pokemon - got to have them all !

Thanks for your help/advice - looking forward to the mapper for this one - however doesn't VDJ not have native support yet, assuming your mapper won't work until it does ?

Thanks again, Nick

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 4:24 pm
VDJ natively supports the DMC2, the Boggis mapper just adds bells & whistles in the form of extra functionality and better use of the displays/controls.

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 5:20 pm
yes I know, was asking about the Denon 4500 controller, which i don't think is natively supported yet which would mean no SDK, so was curious how the mapper was being written, already got a DMC-2.

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 5:48 pm
The Denon HC4500 does have native support in the latest versions of VDJ, but it doesn't work very well yet. It does work well enough to work on the mapper though.

I have a Denon DND4500, so the ability to control this and VDJ from one controller will be useful. Also, for those that need a proper video crossfader, the X-control link with specific Denon mixers will be useful (I plan to support this in the mapper, but it will be difficult to test without a suitable mixer.)

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)