Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet weird mp3 display problem..

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi everybody

My problem is weird.
i live in Greece so in my database I have greek songs (with greek fonts) and they are all tagged and renamed right with artist + title.
most of them show up the right way (readable).

Now yesterday I installed vdj 5 rev5 and opened vdj i immediately saw that some (about 3500 !) of the Greek songs were displayed as --#@$%^&&**$#@-- in artist and title (although in tag & rename the tags are right) and the #@$%^ is also in the file info.

NOW by accident I ran a second instant of vdj and I got a message saying that “my vdj 4xx database has been converted …..” and when it starts ALL THE SONGS ARE OK !!!(they are all displaying the right way and not --#@$%^&&**$#@--) .

when I go to the browser tab in config in the 2nd instant of vdj ,there are no databases shown –its empty ,but in the file browser window in the software if I add the disks to the database all is ok they are all there– it also doesn’t show my filter folders in the 2nd instant of vdj-.

All is ok even if I close the 1st instant of vdj where the files are not showing right and leave the 2nd instant running.

Now its annoying to do this trick (open 2 instances of vdj and then close the 1st ) just to get the files to show right because I have to create the filter folders every time from scratch .

And here come the questions :

1) Is it a “glitch” of vdj ? (since with the trick all is ok)

2) By not showing the databases in the browser tab in config is there a problem ( not saving the changes in the tracks (cue points etc?.)

3) the 2nd instance of vdj seems to work ok when I close the 1st instance (sound + controller ntc) but is it safe and stable ?

4) is there something I can do ?

I also noticed that I have the --#@$%^&&**$#@-- problem in the 1st instance with or without the –read id3 tag & -- id3 comment settings in the browser tab in config.

Because I “ran” from revision 4 to 5 inside of 2 days I cant remember if the problem was there in rev4 .
but I am almost sure that all was ok in vdj 5.0.

i am running win xp sp2 with all not needed services turned of + no wirelles -firewall antivirus etc. ( a very stable and fast system till now !) & i have had no problems till now.

Thank you for your answers in advance

Posté Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 9:44 am
anybody ??????

Posté Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 7:44 pm
c'mon people ....

no brainstorming on this ?

HOUSTON ..WE HAVE A PROBLEM !

Posté Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 1:33 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)