Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet 2ND POST NEED HELP!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I've posted about this problem and nobody has replied about it. Did everyone go on vacation at VDJ , or did they just not feel like responding? Once again customers being pushed to the side for what reason , I don't know? I think someone else posted about this problem, it's just simple questions VDJ team. If you don't know the answer just reply back saying you don't know the answer. I think , it wont hurt your product or your reputation if you just don't know something in general. Maybe now that I have your attention you could reply , cause this will hurt reputation if you don't try to help a customer. I mean this is what this is all about right? Once again , here it goes!

I cannot record without recording my preview. Why is this happening , what can I do about it? basically I have no sound problems or timecode issues , all works great. My setup is as follows...........

hp laptop 120g hard drive 2g of ram duo core amd processor

hercules mk2

denon dns3500

denon dnx500 mixer

maya44 usb

asio 4 all

Ok, I have the output of my tt to the 1/2 input on my maya

channel one of mixer to the 1/2 output of maya

channel two of mixer to the 3/4 output of maya

usb cable to laptop

hercules mk2 usb cable to laptop and external power cord

I have my VDJ setup configuration like this

sound setup input : one timecode

output : external mixer

sound card : asio driver

asio driver : maya 44 usb asio driver

output channels : left deck 1/2 right deck 3/4

Once again all works great ,sound is good . I have no issues at all , that's a first! But whenever im recording a live mix after my set is complete. I will hear everything I previewedon my headphones in my mix. What is that about, I've tried a few ways of setting up and nothing works. Please what can I do about it?

Posté Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 12:27 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
It's because you are not using the built in crossfader of VirtualDJ.

You use an external mixer - so you either have the Crossfader curve setting in Config -> Options tab set to DISABLE -- OR, if you don't then you are keeping the VirtualDJ Crossfader in the CENTER which is just like having your External mixer's crossfader in the CENTER. You hear both channels if both are playing.

Posté Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 2:26 am
Ok that makes sense ,I do have the crossfader tab set to disabled. But I always have the fader set to one side not in the center. What I will do is set the tab back to full and try to record. Thanks for the response, appreciate it I will let you know if that solved it.

Posté Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 3:09 am
Disabled is just that - it doesn't matter where the fader both decks play straight through.

Just like an external mixer that can assign channels to the crossfader. If you put both left and right to OFF then the crossfader is useless.

Posté Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 1:58 pm
Ok I tried setting it back to full mode ,but then the mk2 fader has to be in the center in order for me to preview on my external. And it continues to still record my preview, so what can I do?

Posté Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 5:15 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Get a cable that is rca on one side and 3.5mm on the other - many people use these cables to hook up an mp3 player to a mixer. Plug the rca's to the record out of your mixer (or the Booth out) and plug the other end into your laptop's mic in. Now in VDJ, go to record > config, select line in as the source. You probably also want to select auto start. Now the recording will come straight from your mixer!

Posté Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 8:05 pm
Ok I just tried this option and it's not wanting to start recording. It just says , waiting to start but I did exactly what you said. The only thing im a little confused about is what source to use on line in? There's a few selections to choose from..

primary sound capture drive

line in (on audio device usb bus 2.8.11

microphone ( conexant high definition

line (hercules dj console

Posté Sun 28 Oct 07 @ 8:34 pm
I've tried every possible combination with your advice and it won't record. I only get a message that says waiting to start , the only way it records is if I put it on master. So what's next, thanks??

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 8:10 pm
HKNYC wrote :
Ok I tried setting it back to full mode ,but then the mk2 fader has to be in the center in order for me to preview on my external. And it continues to still record my preview, so what can I do?

If you are going to use an external mixer with VirtualDJ then you need to find an alternative way to record. VirtualDJ's record is geared toward using the internal mixer of the application. Where the left deck is being recorded and you are pre-listening via the PFL selection in the application. If you option to use an external mixer then those features work against the external mixer setup. Therefore you will not be able to use the internal recording of VirtualDJ.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:41 am
socross wrote :
Get a cable that is rca on one side and 3.5mm on the other - many people use these cables to hook up an mp3 player to a mixer. Plug the rca's to the record out of your mixer (or the Booth out) and plug the other end into your laptop's mic in. Now in VDJ, go to record > config, select line in as the source. You probably also want to select auto start. Now the recording will come straight from your mixer!

You can not plug the line to the MIC in then tell VirtualDJ to use the LINE IN. The input must go to the LINE IN of the sound card. Most laptops don't have LINE IN options. If you are using a desktop machine then you should have a 'blue' LINE IN jack. Then this configuration will work.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:44 am
cstoll wrote :
You can not plug the line to the MIC in then tell VirtualDJ to use the LINE IN. The input must go to the LINE IN of the sound card. Most laptops don't have LINE IN options. If you are using a desktop machine then you should have a 'blue' LINE IN jack. Then this configuration will work.

Hey Cstoll, I hate to disagree - but I just did this and it worked just fine. I'm using the serato sl1 card going out to my mixer, and I plugged the record out of my mixer to the line in/mic jack of my laptop. In vdj's record config, I just clicked line in, then chose my laptop's soundcard as the source. It recorded straight from my mixer!

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:35 pm
HKNYC wrote :
Ok I just tried this option and it's not wanting to start recording. It just says , waiting to start but I did exactly what you said. The only thing im a little confused about is what source to use on line in? There's a few selections to choose from..

primary sound capture drive

line in (on audio device usb bus 2.8.11

microphone ( conexant high definition

line (hercules dj console

You want your laptop's card, which looks likeither primary sound capture or conexant. Also, with auto start, you still have to click "start recording" it will actually start when you play music.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:39 pm
socross wrote :
cstoll wrote :

Hey Cstoll, I hate to disagree - but I just did this and it worked just fine. I'm using the serato sl1 card going out to my mixer, and I plugged the record out of my mixer to the line in/mic jack of my laptop. In vdj's record config, I just clicked line in, then chose my laptop's soundcard as the source. It recorded straight from my mixer!

That is your laptop - majority of laptops don't have line in/mic combinations.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 8:58 pm
Hey guys thanks for all your input I tried everyhting you said. Nothing at all worked out in any combinations , that sucks! I guess I will have to live with this or put it back to MK2 mode. Oh , bye the way , could you tell me if I will experience the same problem as far as recording or anything else that does'nt matchup etc, With the Denon HC4500? Because I do plan on purchasing it soon to go along with VDJ and my Denon DNX500. And my Denon 3500 tt's , I just want to make sure that all is compatible and in perfect sync .

Thanks!

Posté Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 1:58 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)