Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New browser bug? (video included)

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
VDJ 5.0 rev5 - Recently added song is missing from search database after VDJ restart. Look at this video (3MB Xvid file)

Can someone explain this behaviour?

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 12:31 am
I am having major issues with music not showing up in 5.5

I have to go to the windows folder and actually refresh the individual folders in Windows before the music will show up in VDJ. I have to do this everytime I start the system

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 4:24 pm

What happens if you choose add automatically in browser settings?

Seems like browsing to a filter folder (makes a database search) adds it back.

And it will of course show regardless if its added to search or not, if you go to the folder where the file actually is located

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 10:15 pm
New video with settings "search database add automatically" is here. Still the same problem.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 11:42 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 2:51 am
@DJ Cyder

O.K. Thanks... Now it is really working correctly. This is a easy way how to bypass this bug until next VDJ revision. ;) Thanks again.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 3:37 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ludek wrote :
@DJ Cyder

O.K. Thanks... Now it is really working correctly. This is a easy way how to bypass this bug until next VDJ revision. ;) Thanks again.

It's not a bypass, it what you should have selected if you do not have the file gathering Enabled for Artist, Title and ID3tags. In your video you had all those items disabled. And since you most likely did not have the filepath and filename selected in the Search items like DJ Cyder showed then your search results came back empty.

Please see page 16 of the User Guide -- installed in the My Documents -> VirtualDJ folder

"Searching in VirtualDJ is versatile and variable. What is meant by that? Just to the right of the search box there is a “search fields” selection button. Click on the bull’s eye circle and a list of 10 searchable fields is presented.

Depending on what fields are selected the search results will very. To ensure maximum results for all searches, select all the fields and the maximum search capabilities are available all the time."

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:33 am
Sorry Cstoll, but I still think that this is a bug in VDJ parser.

Your settings:

Read ID3 tags: enabled
ID3 Artist/title: enabled -----> (parser based on ID3 tags)
ID3 comments: disabled
Cover: don't search
Search database: Add manually

For this settings is Database record:

<Song FilePath="D:!MP3!! 2007MonakoMonako - Saxo Anthem.mp3" FileSize="7633102">
<Display Author="Monako" Title="Saxo Anthem" Year="2007" Color="755531" Cover="2" Tag="1" />
<Infos FirstSeen="710301618" />
</Song>

----

My settings:

Read ID3 tags: disabled
ID3 Artist/title: disabled ---> (traditional filename parsing of the Artist - Title.ext filename)
ID3 comments: disabled
Cover: don't search
Search database: Add manually

For this settings is database record:

<Song FilePath="D:!MP3!! 2007MonakoMonako - Saxo Anthem.mp3" FileSize="7633102">
<Display Color="6158996" />
<Infos FirstSeen="710301608" />
</Song>

As you can see, Author and Title information is here missing. VDJ parser don't fill (bug?) this info based on filename (Author - title.ext). This is the reason, why we must use filepath filter in the search options. => bypass ;)

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:55 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
No it did as expected.

The parsing is done from the <Song FilePath="D:\!MP3!!\2007\Monako\Monako - Saxo Anthem.mp3" FileSize="7633102"> entry which is called Filepath. That is why you need Filepath and Filename selected as a search fields.

Make sense ?

Proof --
With the disabled settings as you show - go to that file in your VirtualDJ browser and right click and select File Info. What is in the Artist and Title fields ? Nothing. What is in the Filename (filepath is stripped) field above Artist ? It's because you said don't do anything with the information.

With Artist/Title enabled the system will look at the ID3 Tags, if the data is empty it will populate the fields by parsing the Filename. If the Artist/Title is Disabled - the Artist and Title fields are not populated and the filename parsing takes affect as in previous versions based on the name stored in the Filepath property of the SONG tag.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:07 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
You could say this is a bug on purpose the reason why it doesn't is to make the db smaller. However in this case its confusing. The dev team is considering adding a forced phrase back if "empty" on artist title search.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:12 pm
Finally i solved this problem with a small PHP script compiled into exe file, which automatically fill all missing Authors and Titles info in the database. I must run this script every time after adding any song in the database. I believe that I won't need this script with next VDJ release anymore. (as wrote DJ Cyder above ;)

Posté Thu 08 Nov 07 @ 1:07 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)