Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet swap deck feature

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,

i realize that you have added a clone deck_no pitch feature in the rev 5... i dont really see the use for this... a quick clarification would suffice here... in any case, my real question is about a 'swap deck feature'

does anyone have an update on the swap deck feature that i read about in another post? this is actually a feature that i have been anxiously awaiting ever since i found out that serato has it.

(for clarification the 'swap deck' feature would allow you to seamlessly flip deck 1 to deck 2 and vice versa... a double clone, in a sense.)

would we have to wait for the next rev or 5.1 edition for this feature? maybe dev team could answer this

thanks

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 10:59 am
dj bk1 wrote :
hi,

i realize that you have added a clone deck_no pitch feature in the rev 5... i don't really see the use for this...

If you use auto pitch match, then of course you can't see its use. If you've used SSL then you would know why it's necessary.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 07 @ 3:39 pm
I have asked for this feature to be added along with other features in the next release. As to if they will actually take my recommendations serious or not is another questions.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 7:41 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
{moved from general}

You guys are talking about 2 different things.

The clone with NO pitch match is so that if you use the pitch slider on your decks it will stay matched with what's on screen. Regular clone would change the pitch on screen then making the turntable pitch sliders different then what is displayed on screen.

The swap deck would be useful for guys that have a weak hand side). If you wanted to scratch up a track or sample BUT it's on your weak side then you scratching will not be as good. So if it were possible to swap the decks you could then scratch more comfortably.

It might be useful, i asked for it before but without it only forces me to strengthen my weak (left hand side) more. The other option you can try is to have the decks both on the same side of the mixer, now you can keep the same hand on both decks.

example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmQn5Hr5A5E

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 3:05 pm
I thought the clone deck was when you simply have the same song playing on both decks. It's useful for turntablists who want to quickly have the same song on each deck for beat juggling so it DOES have a use.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:09 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Dizzy dont confuse things, clone does exactly what it says, it copies one deck exactly to the other, you are correct.

What Dj Bk1was inquiring about was "clone with no pitch" and why someone would use that. That is when you copy a track to another deck BUT perfer to use the pitch slider on the turntable(hardware) and NOT from the software.

Swap decks is complety different, deck one would play whats on deck two and vise versa. That option has not been created as of yet.

Posté Tue 30 Oct 07 @ 4:30 pm
dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,

thanks for clarifying the clone deck no pitch feature... i now realize i have little or no use for it...

and yes i have considered the option of leaving both on one side but that usually will not work in some club settings as they are already set up a certain way, or if your playing between dj's the others may not like that... as well, it gets a bit awkward to scratch with the deck that is further out.

and yes i know that people have suggested this in at least 2 other blogs that i have read, but i was hoping that if more people brought up the same issue it would be taken more seriously.. also, i dont imagine this option is too difficult to add which is why i figured someone would have cracked it on their own already and was willing to pass along the secret... but then again, i know nothing of product development so that may have been a bit wishful. lol

anyway... ive been crossing my hands to get to my weak side for a few years now...whats another few months!!

thanks again

Posté Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 2:41 am
I feel ya bk1, I'm totally weak with my left hand and the cross-over technique too. I second the motion for the swap deck feature.

Posté Wed 31 Oct 07 @ 2:39 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)