Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Problem with update

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,
i have just downloades the latest version and i am having a problem.
When i open Vdj and click on my browser , and try to open a folder containing my music nothing happens.
When i exit the programm i get a message ( Warning the system was unresponsive, Virtual Dj has performed a recovery and should work ok next time,) but it still doesn't !
Please help .

Posté Mon 05 Nov 07 @ 10:44 pm
Hi,
after a lot of playing with the program , the only way i can to get it to work is to reset it to the factory settings , but then i have to re-do all the settings again .
Everytime i close Vdj i get the error message, as before !

Posté Tue 06 Nov 07 @ 10:48 am
Hi,
i would really appreciate some help with this please.

Posté Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 7:44 am
Hi Vinny
Do you, by any chance, use a DAC-3?
If so, it sounds like you might be experiencing the same problem as a few of us on this thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/79503/General_Discussion/50_5_Problem__(warning_message).html?page=1

Basically, there's a new crash protection system in 5.0 rev5, and this causes the message you're getting when you shut down with the dac-3 connected. Also, sometimes, this crash also causes all of the codecs to disappear from the list, and therefore all of the song entries in the database disappear too.

The workaround for me at the moment is to have reinstalled an earlier revision of 5.0, but I'm sure a fix is being worked on.

Pete

Posté Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 12:53 pm
Hi Pete,
thanks for pointing me in the right direction,
yes i do use a Dac 3 and that is exactly what is causing it.
The only way i can get it to work is by disconnecting the Dac before i shut down the program and then re-activating it when i re-open it .
There are no issues when using Vdj .

Posté Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 6:15 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)