Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet MAYA44 Need help and advice!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

kentePRO InfinityMember since 2007
No matter what settings I use, I still get crackling intermittently. I never had this problem with my MAYA44 before I started using VDJ. It's embarressing when people mention it to me at my gigs. I use a laptop with Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5300, 1.73GHz, 2GB RAM, 256MB dedicated video memory, 17" screen and Windows Vista Home Premium. I'm using the MAYA44_USB-v2_85 driver. I get the same problem whether I use ASIO or not and on all performance settings within VDJ. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen enough to be noticeable and mentionable by my employers. What about the MAYA44_USB-v2_811 driver? Anyone using this version? I should also mention that I play alot of videos that are encoded with xVid. Any ideas to help solve this problem would be extremely appreciated.

Posté Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 5:06 am
Have you tried with Safe Mode checked?? Any IRQ conflicts??

Posté Wed 07 Nov 07 @ 5:38 am
Safe Mode is already checked!
But... it looks like one of my USB ports is sharing IRQs with my video card and my firewire and since I'm using both (video and firewire connected harddrives), I'm assuming that is the port that my MAYA44 must be plugged into... thus causing the crackling problem. I switched to a USB port on the other side of my laptop and although Vista loaded the driver correctly and media player plays audio through my maya44 correctly and out my speakers, when I open up Virtual DJ, it's still looking for the maya44 through the other port because when I press the play button nothing happens. How to I point Virtual DJ to the driver in the other USB port?
Thanks in advance!

Posté Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 10:09 am
Reinstall your maya drivers.. for some odd reason you have to reinstall the maya44 drivers everytime you put it in a new usb port(on some cpu's , if you plug another usb plug in (say wireless mouse) then try to plug maya in the same port later, it will cause you to have to reinstall the drivers for maya again as well.
so my advise is try to dedicate one usb port for maya44 usb only ...and keep a copy of the maya44 install drivers stored on your hard drive (never know when u might have to reinstall it)

hope this help .........hope the new usb port solve the conflict ur having

Boogie

Posté Fri 09 Nov 07 @ 3:51 pm
Doesn't matter which USB input I connect the MAY44 to and install the 2.85 driver... I still get the crackling. Any one have any other ideas?

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 12:58 am
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is it an HP laptop?

Gary

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 7:25 pm
kingdonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
gary y do you ask if its a hp laptop is there something wrong with them

Posté Sun 11 Nov 07 @ 11:10 pm
kingdon wrote :
gary y do you ask if its a hp laptop is there something wrong with them

Well, HP have admitted there are compatibility issues with some of their Pavillion Notebooks when it comes to using an external sound card.

An HP engineer actually told me you shouldn't use an external sound card with the one I have.

I've had the same issues with mine so I will be changing it.

I found the best way to almost cure the problem was running VDJ on the battery saver power setting.

Gary

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 12:05 am
Yes It's an HP! Why would the battery saver power setting make a difference? Are you talking about the battery saver power settings found in the operating system or something in VDJ?

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 8:02 am
kente wrote :
Yes It's an HP! Why would the battery saver power setting make a difference? Are you talking about the battery saver power settings found in the operating system or something in VDJ?

Ok, first of all, make sure you are using the latest video driver from the HP site, don't get drivers from the video card manufacturer as they are slightly different.

Power settings I mean are Windows power settings. You may have a power setting icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, or you might have to go into windows control panel and change to low performance or battery saver (whatever your option is)

Give that a try and see if you have any improvements.

If it does improve, you will then have to go back and fine tune your power settings. I think its called advanced power settings. You will just have to make sure the PC doesn't go to sleep or that the hard drives & usb ports don't turn off, but leave everything else how it is.

If you want to PM me, feel free and i'll try and help more if i can.

Gary

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 4:34 pm
Thanks for the info... I'm gonna try it out to see if it makes a difference. Are you using XP or Vista? When I first got my HP Vista Home Premium laptop in June I remember a recommendation here in the forums to stay with Vista's video driver over HPs. I can't remember what the issue was but does anyone know whether that recommendation has changed now that Vista's been around a little longer and the manufacturers have had some time to problem solve their drivers? Also, I don't remember having this problem when I was using 4.3 on this machine. I'm still using 5.0 rev 4 because of all the issues people seemed to be having when that came out. Should I be using the latest rev?
Any clarification on any of this would be extremely appreciated.

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 5:07 pm
I've tried both XP & Vista, and the power setting has been the key on both OS.

I complained to HP for nearly a year. The only response I ever got out of them was

'if the USB port works when you plug a USB mouse into it, then their is no problem and they are not responsible for 3rd party hardware such as USB sound cards not working'

Obviously this is not the case, and it gets a bit more complicated than that. The Graphics card shares an IRQ with the USB ports, and there is no way it seems to rectify this.

I've had lots of the guys on here try, and independent experts have a go as well.

One day while trying to get through to HP on line customer service chat, i ended up being put through to the American centre by mistake.

One of the engineers told me that external usb soundcards will not function correctly on the Pavillion range of laptops. He said all the tech engineers in the US know this, and we was surprised it wasn't known by HP UK.

I made a formal complaint to HP, but they disregarded the problem still, and i never got anywhere with it.

Gary

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 5:17 pm
kingdonPRO InfinityMember since 2007
gary wrote
The Graphics card shares an IRQ with the USB ports, and there is no way it seems to rectify this.
i wonder if a firewire mixer or interface might help

Posté Mon 12 Nov 07 @ 11:22 pm
I'm already using a firewire 400/800 rackmountable dual removeable harddrive enclosure with 2-750 gig harddrives to playback my music, karake and videos. If you can believe this.... the Firewire, NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 graphics card with 256mb (discrete) memory and one of the USB interfaces all use IRQ 16. That's why I'm trying to get the MAYA44 working properly through the other USB interface located on the other side of the laptop which uses a different IRQ. What about my questions about latest HP vs Vista drivers and any advantage of upgrading VDJ from rev 4 to 5?
Thanks for your ideas!

Posté Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 3:08 am
No advantage to your particular problem upgrading to VDJ 5, the sound issue will not go away. Yes, you are right about the IRQ 16 problem.

Have you tried the power setting idea yet? Believe me, i spent 8 months on these forums working through this problem, and there is not an easy solution, but using the lower power setting didn't effect VDJ performance and ALMOST removed the problem. (You can still increase your screen brightness in this mode without it affecting)

You will find that different skins make slight differences. You'll also find the playing a music track when you've got q sonique plug in effect working makes it worse.

I had the GeForce Go 7600 with 512 dedicated graphics, so your problem isn't with the amount of memory, its purely this IRQ conflict. I found when I tried to use a different USB port, it even changed the IRQ of the other port to 16 somehow and for some reason.

I've noticed the the latest Pavilion models only have 3 USB ports. I would imagine HP have realised the problem, but thats not much help to us really.

Its not a VDJ problem. If you use windows media player with the moving screen patterns playing and output your sound through the Maya the problem is still there.

Gary

Posté Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 12:33 pm
>>Its not a VDJ problem. If you use windows media player with the moving screen patterns playing and output your sound through the Maya the problem is still there.<<

I actually Don't have the problem when I use windows media player to play my XviD encoded videos or my audio files with the screen visualizations. That's why I'm thinking that maybe some tweeking in VDJ might make a difference. Can anyone point me towards a resource that will explain what all the VDJ performance settings mean and are for?
I did switch to the battery saver power settings choice and then went into the advanced settings and changed everything that would affect my screens or harddrives going into hibernation, sleep or the screen saver. Unless there are power settings that you can't access through the advanced settings, I don't really see anything that is going to make a difference, but I'm giving it a shot. I haven't had any extended time to see how much of a difference it makes yet but I'll let you know over the next couple of days.

Posté Tue 13 Nov 07 @ 3:32 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Does it make a difference when your running only from the battery? is the maya running off the usb or it own AC?

Have you tried a ground loop isolator?

Posté Wed 14 Nov 07 @ 3:30 pm
I currently have a post regarding setting up my Maya44 and VDJ with Windows Vista. I have a Toshiba laptop and have a gig to do on Friday 30th. My system had a different laptop with XP and it worked fine but it crashed and I had to buy a new system and it came with Vista but see from the Maya44 AudioTrak site that they have issues with Maya44 working properly with Vista. It mentions 64 bit and I am not sure that I am running anything under 64 bit. If you could please either give me your phone # or I will give you mine so I can get this setup properly.

Thanks for the help

Jerry Thomas

Posté Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 9:54 pm

Posté Wed 28 Nov 07 @ 10:25 pm
Thank you for your help. You did not mention that you used the Maya44 USB with Vista. I have had it working fine with XP. It was nice to see that when I went to the suggested site that it addressed the Vista issue. I will install the drivers and try it out. So are you using the Maya44 USB and VDJ on a laptop system? If so how hard is it to install the Maya44. It has been over a year since I installed it on my original laptop. I have installed VDJ already but have not installed nor connected the Maya44 to my Toshiba laptop. Is there an order to getting this installed correctly. In the past I used the Maya44 to connect to my mixer and away I went. If you have it working and can contact me on how to set it up I would appreciate the help. I will give you my phone # if you can help.

Jerry Thomas

Posté Thu 29 Nov 07 @ 5:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)