Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet DIRECT VS BELTS--TURNTABLES

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey everyone, hope all is doing well, I have a questions regarding Turntables(BELT DRIVE) I brought a turntable but it is a belt drive. So with a belt drive are you not suppose to practive scratch techniques. I am confused because i read somewhere that you need a DIRECT turntable. Help me clear my mind experts:

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 4:14 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
belt drives are weaker , and wont respond as rapidly as a direct drive

belt drives use a smaller motor which turns a belt , where as as a direct drive has a motor below connected directly to the platter

this way it is more responsive

aslo you dont have to worry about broken belts

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 4:44 pm
Thanks for the response buddy. Question #2 But can I still use the turntable just to practice, I mean i got the turntable just to practice but later will get a better one but first got to get some of the fundamentals down.

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 4:54 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes you can probably still use them for pratise just woudnt recomend them for live events

what make are they?

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 4:57 pm
They are Numark TT1610.

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 5:05 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Direct drive uses a magnetic system so there are no touching parts between the platter and the drive. You need this for scratching. I highly dont recommend using beltdrive for dj turntables because you will wear out both the belt and the drive quickly since they are attached.

simply put, a decent belt drive is better for simple playback of vinyl records because the movement is linear through the belt and servo. a direct drive magnetic servo works by 'pulsing' the magnatism which creates a non-linear movement, the speed may be more stable (than cheap belt drive) but there are artifacts left over in the sound output. you dont really notice, but trust that they are there. true audiophiles never use direct drive but it suits the dj purpose beautfifully

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 5:55 am
thanks PAZ75, i will just use them to play for now. I want try to get to technical in the fundamentals i will just let Virtual DJ help me with that by using cue points and effects more then so of scratching. Until able to ball hard and get me some technics.

Paz75 what is your set up man?

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 3:17 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
well i have a mixer, 2 turntables and vdj timcode vinyls, but i dont use them. currently my sound card only has 1 stereo input so i can use 1 timecode or i can record. and since i play on radio.virtualdj.com each week, i need that input for the radio. im hoping to buy a nice card soon so i can use everything at once :)

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 7:27 pm
hOW CAN I BE IN THE MIX OF RADIO

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 10:00 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
JVILLEBOY809 wrote :
hOW CAN I BE IN THE MIX OF RADIO

U need to upgrade to pro and u have a special discount for that as u own the DJC edition of VDJ.. Then as a pro edition user , u need to apply at the radio forum :)

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 10:14 pm
Okie dokie smoke Spinaturntable

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 10:22 pm
Just FYI.hee,, if ur gonna use timecoded, u better upgrade to pro too.. cos djc/home edition permit only to 5 min usage n have limitation too.. C the comparision chart for more details.. :)

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 10:41 pm
NO NEED MINES IS LONGER THAN 5 MINUTES I CAN PLAY UP TO 5 HRS ON MY TIMECODE.

Posté Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 1:49 am
Hmmm.. r u using demo or if u have the pro edition do register to have the updates n goodies.

Posté Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 9:47 am
No the demo doesnt work for me, i just have the regular set up from the software, but i get updates automatic dont ask me how. So maybe that is why i am able to do more then the average user. Because the system we prompt me when their is an update. But it sill says to do more i need the pro-edition. Like i can only use one or two samples which sucks. Buts its all good, i am saving up for Rane when i get my technics.

Posté Mon 19 Nov 07 @ 5:54 pm
I WANT START TO USE TURNTABLES , IM THINKING IN BUY A NUMARK TT500 ,THIS TURNTABLES ARE OK TO WORK WITH VIRTUAL DJ , OR YOU CAN RECOMEND ME SOME BETTER????/ WHICH ONE ARE MUCH BETTER IN TURNTABLES TO WORK WITH VIRTUAL DJ??? HELP ME PLEASE TO TAKE A GOOD DECISION....

Posté Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 3:07 am
the Numark TT500s are really good decks, I have recommended these to quite a few users of VDJ as well as regular vinyl DJs and have yet to receive any complaints or bad remarks on them. These decks should last you quite some time however please note that these decks do NOT come with a cartridge and needle so you should look into purchasing a pair as well.

Posté Thu 22 Nov 07 @ 2:15 pm
i use numark tt500s and they are incredible... they are very well made and sturdy... plus the torque is amazing

Posté Sat 24 Nov 07 @ 3:30 am
THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS , WELL I BOTH TECHNICS AND I THINK SO ARE THE BEST ONE , NOW I GONNA PRACTIC ....

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 2:27 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)