Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet First Time Using v5.r5

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Last night I was watching my kids and decided to load the newest v5r5 to try it out before I load on gig rig. After tinkering with some uploads to get it vdj ready. I finally started playing around with the software. So around 2:00am I download some skins to see if I like using a couple of them. Found one that was easy on the eyes. Decided to play some songs and record the session.

Keep in mind this is a set with no controller, no mixer, a pair of $ 9.00 headphones lying around and relying on premade cue points.

Your replies are welcome but not needed. I was just fooling around with the system.

The music style is hip hop, latin, dance, pop, techno, new school , old school ( I had a party without the beer ) I had fun seeing how well I could mix with just a pair of hearphones.

VDJ is the best DJ software on the market. Any of you non licence users really should get this software. I can do this without a controller them imagine what could happen if you have a settup.

http://rapidshare.com/files/69969719/demo3.mp3.html

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:45 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi fatkatz

being pondering about installing 5.5 have held off with seeing a few teething problems, hows your recent install shaping up? should i or should'nt i install latest version after the weekend and whats the pro's or downers to this update...cheers

Tayla

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 9:57 pm
The system I downloaded on is a HP pavillion with 64x2, 896 ram after vista uses what it wants, NVIDIA 6150 LE... At first I had problems with video but it was due to 6150 LE. The video did freeze but the audio kept working throughout. I downloaded the latest november directx full pack. I updated to the newest NVIDIA drivers. So, all video is working including affect and transitions. I loaded about 3 different skins to try and it accepted everyone of them with no hessitation in play. I created several type of favorite and virtual folders with no problems in finding what I needed. There was no lockups what so ever. I scratched ( as much as you can do with a rollerball ), tried to stall automix, did multi searches when multiple videos where playing. play multiple affect at a time and moving very rapidly to lock it up.

The only thing I found out was the limitation of the video card which I still would do a paid show with if I had to.

The latest version was very stable for me... I pleased and might load on my gig rig for this weakend. The only difference in the two computers IS mine has a higher video card with complete 2g ram. It does have a slightly less processor but not enough to make a difference.

so far TWO THUMBS UP!!!

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 10:15 pm
fatkatz

cheers mate for the quick reply, think mine runs on the 6150 as well not sure (no problems with it up to now, works like a dream) but i think i'll do the update on monday anyway when everything is quiet...thanks again

Tayla

Posté Thu 15 Nov 07 @ 10:37 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
im shameless, i bang the latest software as soon as it comes and have been working in the clubs and on the radio with it with no problems. there were some oddities now and then, but never any crashes so far.

what im curious is the codeline size. i supposed this in another article, but is the codeline so much smaller because of optimization or because of routine re-introdcution? (ie, you take out features, review them and reintroduce them one at a time...)

i havent been able to use VST effects at all with 5, so curious if im doing something wrong, or the support isnt yet in it.

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 6:07 am

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 10:46 am
paz

i'm normally the same but when the latest version came out it was said it was mainly for bug fixs so as i was having no problems i thought "if it aint broken" but unfortunately i've had one or two unexpected shut downs recently so i thought if there's a possible fix for this problem might as well use it...

Tayla

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 1:11 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
tayla,

sorry to hear about that. i guess this is one for the boogeyman, a.k.a the OEM software/hardware market. since i bought my alienware m9750 i've had no problems whatsoever. when i had my work laptop (acer aspire 5500) the thing crashed as much as my wife when she's in a bad mood. (no offense to my love and reason for living ;-)).

anyhow, there seems to be a million combinations of good and bad with software. for some it's good and for some it's bad....

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 8:32 pm
Paz:

Have you ever been able to use vst.

Posté Fri 16 Nov 07 @ 11:26 pm
boogeymen did a hit on me again last night, bugger, least i had enough time to bring in the back up before the punters realised what was going on... diffenitely looks like an upgrade monday

Tayla

Posté Sat 17 Nov 07 @ 10:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)