Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Secondary Sound Output Problem

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have searched this whole forum and I don't know if anyone has seen this problem occur in the past but here it goes:

I am running VDJ (ver. 4.something) and in the sound config. settings you have the option of assigning the primary and secondary sound cards. My problem is that whatever output has been assigned the secondary card is stuttering/crackling and choppy. I know it can't be the latency setting of the sound card I am using because if I use that same card as the primary card, it sounds fine. It doesn't even matter which sound config output I use: speakers/headphones, external mixer with 2 seperate sound cards, both configs gives me a stuttering output on the secondary card. Let me give a couple examples to help those who think they can decipher whats wrong:

Example 1:
Config set to External Mixer, using 2 seperate usb sound devices (usb sound cards with RCA outputs to mixer channels). VDJ sends output to both mixer channels but whichever channel is fed from the secondary deck (in VDJ) is choppy and crackling. Even if I switch cards around or switch mixer channels, still the secondary deck sends out a stuttering/crackling output.

Example 2:
Config set to Speakers and Headphones output. Now I have one sound cards as the internal laptop sound card and one of the usb sound cards. If I set the usb sound card to primary and the laptop as secondary in the VDJ settings, the laptop output will send out a choppy or stuttering sound, regardless of what is plugged into it (comp speakers or headphones), and same with the usb sound card if it is the secondary card in the settings.

Right now I am using the Speaker/Headphones setting and just having the speakers as the primary outputting clean sound while my heaphones are stuttering, that way at least the main output is fine. But I would like to use the two usb sound cards and the external mixer. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks everyone.

Posté Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 6:33 pm
In the future please dont post the same topic in multiple forums.

Posté Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 7:55 pm
Sorry, I didn't know which forum it belonged in so I just posted in both.

Posté Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 8:49 pm
Thats ok:)

Posté Wed 21 Nov 07 @ 10:19 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)