Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet NEED HELP GOING DIGITAL! - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

I have recently downloaded a trial version of Virtual DJ onto my PC and I think it's great. I am a mobile DJ interested in going digital and purchasing the Virtual DJ software and required hardware (i.e, sound card, controller, external hard drive, etc) for my laptop. Can someone tell me which hardware is compatible with the Virtual DJ software and can I purchase the recommended hardware as a package deal. Any recommendations as to the recommended sound card, controller, external hard drive, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

DJ Kevin Cain
www.ProMusicProductions.com
Boston, MA

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 5:45 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well, first of all i wanna say welcome:)

U could take a look at the hardware section. Its some of the gear that VDJ support (VDJ support numerous sc n gears etc) or the best recommendations i would say get the numark virtual vinyl package:) it include the software, audio interface, 2 TCV n 2 TCCD. (TCCD is available free at here too).

Cheers

Hopes to see as a pro user soon;)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 6:17 pm
Thank you very much for the advice. One more question, where can I view and purchase the Numark virtual vinyl package?

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 6:25 pm
U could view it here or numark sites.

As for the purchase locate the nearest numark distributor or check out any dj/music/audio shop near u :)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 6:31 pm
It appears that the Numark Vinyl package comes with the software and hardware. Since I am interested in running the Virtual DJ software, is it necessary to purchase the Numark Vinyl Package with software just to get the hardware that comes with it? I mean, if I purchase the Virtual DJ software alone, shouldn't I just purchase a sound card and a controller? Does Numark (or Virtual DJ) offer just these items as a package deal? I just want to purchase the required hardware at minimal cost and buy only what I need.

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 7:08 pm
Okay, so I've also reviewed the harware section and see that Numark has an "all-in-one" (table top) controller called Total Control. If I purchase this, do I still need a soundcard? If so, any recommendations? Also, any rcommendations on what type of external hard drive to buy would be greatly appreciated.

DJ Kevin Cain
ProMusic Productions Mobile DJ Service

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 7:20 pm
This NVV is cheaper if u bought VDJ plus other usb sc or tcv. It a good deal. Plus it give u as a registered user;)

But if u wanna go to custom route... hehe,, u could purchase VDJ Pro (from this site) and u could look at the site (hardware) that i given earlier for references.

If u dun do timescode.. numark DJio is perfect for u but if u do, maya44usb etc, herc mk2, u46mk2 etc will dothe job (must have at least 2 stereo input n 2 stereo output / 4 mono in n 4 mono out)

If u dun mind i would suggest u take up the herc mk2 (mixer,midi controller n soundcard in one), then upgrade to pro with a discount:)

PS: Even the herc look like a toy but it does the job for u when u go mobile (small n light)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 7:27 pm
Good advice. So, if I purchase the Virtual DJ Pro software, then buy the Herc MK 2 (which includes mixer, controller and sound card in one), is this all I will need to go digital? I do realize I will also need to purchase an external hard drive.

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 7:32 pm
djkfc123 wrote :
Okay, so I've also reviewed the harware section and see that Numark has an "all-in-one" (table top) controller called Total Control. If I purchase this, do I still need a soundcard? If so, any recommendations? Also, any rcommendations on what type of external hard drive to buy would be greatly appreciated.

DJ Kevin Cain
ProMusic Productions Mobile DJ Service

yes for this .. u need soundcard as djio.. but buying this, i may remind u, u will only have cue le software which is equal to home/djc edition of vdj..n u dun have discount if u wanna upgade to cue. As with the djc n home edition , u have a discount when u upgade to vdj pro.

For external, there a lot of brand that out there but to me based on my exprience, the esata 3.5 inch Ext HDD 7200RPM is better. Do not buy the 2.5 inch ones. U can search in the forum what the user using the pros n cons , just type some keywords such as harddrive etc.

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 7:33 pm
djkfc123 wrote :
Good advice. So, if I purchase the Virtual DJ Pro software, then buy the Herc MK 2 (which includes mixer, controller and sound card in one), is this all I will need to go digital? I do realize I will also need to purchase an external hard drive.

Yes u need to have external (buy at least 500 gb - External hdd are now a lot cheaper) as if u doing video n audio n have a lot of them.. For specific brand i can't give u advice on this as ppl have preferences:)

ok here the deal.
1. buy vdj pro, then buy herc mk2 off ebay etc..(no software included - license not transferable)
2. buy herc mk2 (djc software included) then upgrade discount to vdj pro
3. buy Numark Virtual Vinyl

Ur choices..

PS: wateva route u took, it still worth it. Good luck n hope to see u with us soon:)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 7:36 pm
How about this hard drive? http://www.xpcgear.com/500guse740jbk.html And so just to confirm, all I need to do is purchase the VDJ Pro, then buy the Herc MK2 off ebay??? Once I have the software up and running on my laptop, I then upload all my songs from the external hard drive, correct? No need to purchase any additional components, correct? I really like the Virtual DJ Pro and just want to purchase the other "all in one" hardware as cheap as possible.

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 7:49 pm
djkfc123 wrote :
How about this hard drive? http://www.xpcgear.com/500guse740jbk.html .

Yes that would just do:) With this drive, u could switch between ur desktop n laptop.(one at a time) On desktop use the esata cable as this will make the external werk as the internal harddrive. On lappy just use the usb:)

djkfc123 wrote :
And so just to confirm, all I need to do is purchase the VDJ Pro, then buy the Herc MK2 off ebay??? really like the Virtual DJ.

I just say ebay as an example as there always been seller (2nd hand) selling that at there. But if u want a first hand i would suggest u buy the herc first (not from ebay) then upgrade to pro with discount. This is cheaper than u buy VDJ pro then the first hand mk2. (i too buy the vdj pro first then the first hand mk2 which gave me the home license as well but i dun regret it.)

Since u say u wanna budget so i thinking might as well get the used mk2.

FYI.. The DJC edition wont werk without its console attached.

djkfc123 wrote :
Once I have the software up and running on my laptop, I then upload all my songs from the external hard drive, correct? No need to purchase any additional components, correct?

Yes.

djkfc123 wrote :
I really like the Virtual DJ Pro and just want to purchase the other "all in one" hardware as cheap as possible.

U make a right choice:) VDJ is indeed ahead of its competitor ( do video as well) n i already gave u the possible cheapest purchase at my previous post;)

Cheers..

All the best in deciding ur options;)

Regards
DJ Antarez

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 8:04 pm
Your advice was excellent and much appreciated. Now that I've done my research, it's time for me to go out and spend some money on the software and hardware. I know what I need to do now thanks to you! I am totally looking forward to "going digital" and using the Virtual DJ program at events. Thanks again.

DJ Kevin Cain

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 8:15 pm
No problem. Glad to help:) In the future, if u have any problem, just post ur problems in the appropriate forum n the user here will gladly assist u :)

Posté Mon 26 Nov 07 @ 8:20 pm
I am interested in purchasing the Numark "Total Control" Controller and DJ/IO Soundcard to hook up to my laptop (which has only a Pentium III processor).

I understand the Controller comes with CUE LE 5.0 software, which essentially is the same as the limited edition Virtual DJ software and which is compatible with a Pentium III processor. I need to make sure my laptop meets the minimum requirements for the CUE or Virtual DJ software upgrades before I purchase. If I purchase the Controller with the limited edition software that is included, and I want to upgrade to Cue 5.0 full version or Virtual DJ Pro, is either upgrade compatible with the limited versions and will my laptop meet the minimum requirements?

I feel that because my laptop is a Pentium III processor, it won't meet the minimum requirements for the (full version) CUE software upgrade (which requires a Pentium 4 3 GhZ computer). Does Virtual DJ Pro also require Pentium 4 3 GhZ computer? If this is the case, I will need to buy a newer laptop, correct?

I mean, is it possible for me to buy the Numark Controller, get the Virtual DJ software and then upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro, using a laptop with only a a Pentium III processor? I can't really afford a new laptop right now. PLEASE HELP!

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 4:02 pm
Basically, if I purchase the Numark "Total Control" Controller, I will only have CUE LE software which is equal to the home/djc edition of Virtual DJ, and I don’t get discount if I want to upgrade to full version of CUE 5.0, as opposed to the Virtual DJ home edition where I get the discount when I upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro.

It appears that the minimum requirements for the CUE LE and Virtual DJ home edition software are a computer with a Pentium III processor. However, the minimum requirements for the upgraded versions of CUE 5.0 or Virtual DJ Pro require a computer with a Pentium 4 3 GhZ, which my laptop DOES NOT HAVE.

Can someone tell me if it’s possible for me to buy the Numark Controller, get the Virtual DJ software and then upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro, using a laptop with only a Pentium III processor??

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 5:01 pm
Hi again

Below is the spec for the vdj pro to run on :)

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:
PIII 850 MhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
DirectX compatible soundcard
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration is:
PIV 3 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
1024 MB RAM
200 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration to mix video is:
Dual Core 2 GhZ CPU
dual output ATI or nVidia video card with 1Gb of on-board memory (no integrated laptop videocard)
2048 MB RAM

It is possible only on audio but on minmum requirement means u cant do video mixing there n maybe u need to tweak ur lappy n only installed vdj only n try to cut off any crap background activity. Still it better to use the recommended specs for better performances. Hmm maybe someone who use pentium 3 could comment on its performance with vdj.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 5:14 pm
I just want to make sure my PIII processor laptop will run the Virtual DJ PRO version....I don't really care about running video right now.

If I purchase the Numark "Total Control" Controller, I am told I will only have CUE LE software which is equal to the home/djc edition of Virtual DJ, and I don’t get discount if I want to upgrade to full version of CUE 5.0, as opposed to the Virtual DJ home edition where I get the discount when I upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro.

How do I get the Numark Controller, the Virtual DJ software and then upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro, using a laptop with only a Pentium III processor?? I am still a little confused and don't want to spend money until I know for sure that EVERYTHING is compatible and will run on my PIII lappy.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 5:54 pm
djkfc123 wrote :
How do I get the Numark Controller, the Virtual DJ software and then upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro, using a laptop with only a Pentium III processor?? I am still a little confused and don't want to spend money until I know for sure that EVERYTHING is compatible and will run on my PIII lappy.

Do u mean the hercules mk2?? Its not from numark. I think u could try find out the nearest store or google it:)

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 6:05 pm
No, I was told that the Hercules MK2 has some latency and that I would get better sound quality using the Numark "Total Control" Controller and DJ/IO soundcard. But this purchase comes with CUE software which requires a P4 processor and which I don't want because you told me that I don't get the upgrade discount. I want the Virtual DJ software with the discount upgrade to Virtual DJ Pro, while purchasing an all-in-one controller that will run on a PIII processor on my laptop. I am not sure what my options are here if I go with the Numark controller.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 6:22 pm
71%