Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Help with Numark Total Control..please

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

MuelusPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I am unsure about a couple of things so i thought i would ask here.

I have just bought a Numark total control mixer today and am just in the process of testing it.
Please tell me if i am doing anything wrong..tks
I have hooked it up and is working (*sort of*). I am using a maya 44 usb soundcard (First time using it).
i have selected SETTINGS,SOUND OPTIONS and have this INPUTS>none....OUTPUTS>headphones.....SOUNDCARD>asio driver maya 44usb..
is that correct? or should i just select maya 44???
I am using an external mixer, but only 1 channel as a master volume..so i am using the total control as my mixer/controller..

On the outputs of my maya 44 i have gone from channel 1+2 to my external mixer..(only 1 channel as a overall master volume control.)
i have plugged my headphones into the maya 44 usb socket...but the sound quality is absolute garbage..
when i turn up the volume of the headphones on the numark controller it distorts really bad but is quite quiet.
Also when i cue up my next track to play...when pre listening i can still here the track thats playing live through the headphones.(even with the pre listen knob turned to CUE )

Any help would be gratefull..i have searched the forums to no avail
Also got latest drivers etc and using latest vdj...cheers

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:24 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maya 44 doesn't have an headphones switch to select the prelisten channel, you can only listen the out 1-2 plus 3-4.

You can buy an headphones amplifier and connect to 3-4 out and use master connected to channel 1-2.

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:29 pm
ahh i see..so where can i get one of those? im in the uk..
would that cure my problem with still hearing the track thats playing live whilst im cueing my next tune up?

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:33 pm

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:41 pm
tks for the link..i have just connected channels 3 + 4 (Headphone output) to the mixer and quality is excellent and works fine..i dont think i need an amplifier since the audio seemed clear and crisp through the speakers.. is there any other way of connecting channels 3 + 4 to my headphones without buying an amplifier? like an adapter or something from female rca to a socket for my head phones?
just trying to save money lol..
tks for the quick replys...great support on these forums

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:48 pm

Posté Tue 27 Nov 07 @ 8:51 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)