Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEWS] VirtualDJ 5.0 revision 6 - Page: 1

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Hello,

Again, while we are still working on 5.1 (which will be ready soon by the way), we will still release bug fixes on a regular basis as long as we still find bugs (which is getting harder and harder :D).
So here is revision 6, that corrects some bugs and some rare crashes from revision 5.

You can find it in your download center.

Here is the complete change log:

new features
------------
- added support for MP4 video files
- can load and play ambiant video files with no audio
- compatible with ID3 v2.4 tags
- new browser columns "filesize", "filedate"
- optimized for big iTunes library
- new actions "auto_mix_next" and "auto_mix_next_sidelist"
- new pitch ranges 6,8,10,12,15,20,25,33,50% or anything else via registry PitchRange

bug fixes
---------
- freeze in sort thread fixed
- fixed crash when sync_no_cbg before begining of song
- fixed crash automix on some DRM-protected files
- fixed can crash when automixing video sometimes
- improved detect video/karaoke on "add to searchdb" recurse
- fixed preview crash on DRM-protected files
- fixed search in title/artist when filepath/filename not selected
- fixed crash with ID3 unicode comment
- DAC3 fixed
- Denon HC4500 fixed
- "+" in browser for history doesn't show if history is empty
- "move up", "move down" folder context menu doesn't show if topmost/bottommost
- fixed plugins loaded on startup don't show interface
- don't add folder "$Recycle.Bin" to search database
- bug with empty codec list saved as garbage fixed
- bug with thread freeze while closing causing empty codec list fixed
- fixed load mac database on pc and pc on mac.
- fix wrong comments from ID3 tags written by iTunes
- import cover from iTunes tags (.m4a files)
- fix album name from iTunes tags (.m4a files)
- fixed right deck plugin dropdown acting on left deck

Posté Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 6:19 pm
Thanks for the ongoing bug fixes. I note that you hav'nt provided the fix for the sudden closure of VDJ. When you click on the bullets to tick or untick Covers, Video, Music or Karaoke. I just started to regain my confidence in using VDJ then the damn thing closed half way through some one singing Paradise by the dashboard light and as always a crowded venue. All i did was untick Music, clicked on the bullet to tick Karaoke and VDJ completey shut down. I checked the computer reports to see if it was starting any process at the time of the shutdown, there was no unusual activity. I understand that this was resolved but note other members have reported the same issue in the last week and trying to find a work around. I concluded it was the DWM process, however turning this to manual has only helped short term for the previous four gigs which were Karaoke Disco and went with out incident.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 6:48 pm
Support for MP4!! Great job guys.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 7:16 pm
D-Twizzle wrote :
Support for MP4!! Great job guys.

Perhaps it's time you stopped using crack and purchased the software you like so much

Posté Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 7:20 pm
djfsPRO InfinityMember since 2007
dam, no rev 6 for cue yet.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 8:06 pm
DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
One question, I did not install Rev 5 due to the problems with the DAC-3 controller. Can I install Rev 6 over Rev 4? Or should I install Rev 5 and then Rev 6?
Thanks.

Posté Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 9:47 pm
great can't wait to try it out with denon HPC 4500

Posté Sun 02 Dec 07 @ 10:04 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
DJ_SVO wrote :
One question, I did not install Rev 5 due to the problems with the DAC-3 controller. Can I install Rev 6 over Rev 4? Or should I install Rev 5 and then Rev 6?
Thanks.

Yes you can directly install rev6 over rev4

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 1:27 am
EARLY CHRISTMASS!!!

but i still want a puppy.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 3:07 am
Is also the freezing problem with videomixing solved ?

I have the problem only when I use the Hardware Acceleration.
Without it, no problems but then I can´t use videoeffects.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 4:41 am
Thanks guys :)

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:28 am
I THOUGHT Christmas had came early for me but I was wrong. After installing this update, and enablilng the native option for my Denon HPC4500 IT still freezes up, on my desktop and and labtop. I quess it's back to midi for me.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 5:44 am
Same here. VDJ locked up so heavily that I had to shut down the PC to get out of it.

I was working it hard though, trying to push it. Adding cue points and scratching.

After I rebooted, just using the HC4500 for browsing, loading and playback it was OK.

I like the song titles on the HC4500 display as you browse the library.

Will the next version of VDJ support the buttons on the HC4500 more fully? I notice that some buttons don't do anything, or don't do what I would expect.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:02 am
ID3 v2.4!!! :D I was waiting for that one, now i really feel listened to. Thank you, i'm off testing it all.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 6:24 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
word is the Denon is looking to fix its buggy controller however there isn't much we can do as the problem is directly related to the firmware of the controller. Denon is aware of the bugs and has said they are working on it. For now the controller only works in xp.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 7:36 am
Forgot one thing: THANKS FOR THE UPDATE !!!

Complaining is easier

:--)

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 7:40 am
woot woot! Aniother rev:) Not that I have ever had a crash with rev5. Might aswell download:)

Thanks guys

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 8:06 am
Woo hoo, Sort thread fixed, yay! MP4 support, save me having to add all the splitters and codecs on next re-install, that was a right pain last time, well done.

NOTE To Webmaster, My "Download Centre" button still isn't glowing to tell me there is a new download! =)

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 10:26 am
DJ Cyder wrote:

word is the Denon is looking to fix its buggy controller however there isn't much we can do as the problem is directly related to the firmware of the controller. Denon is aware of the bugs and has said they are working on it. For now the controller only works in xp.

I use XP and controller works flawlessly using midi, hopefully Denon will get an update soon. So it's back to midi for me, I posted this problem in software forum a week ago but have not gotten much response, does anyone know what midi mapping setting are used for the reduce loop length and raise loop lenght arrows

I appreciate the hard work the developers do, so thank you guys

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 12:03 pm
I also work with xp currently, I will try it now and I'll let you know if denon still freezes.

Posté Mon 03 Dec 07 @ 12:23 pm
13%