Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet macbook pro vs imac - Page: 2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

d-v-intPRO InfinityMember since 2004
rockinrossco wrote :
after some thnking im not to sure that the imac will suite me.
1 wheres the cooling system (granted theres not any on the laptop either)
2 no user changeable parts inside other than the ram
3 have to send it to a apple person to change out any part should they ever go bad
4 well the heat thing still bothers me (may have to make a fiberglass cass to fit around it and put some fans on it to suck off the heat off the back)
MBP'S do have fans. You just can't hear them (although on mine you can just about hear one.)

Heats not an issue on the imac, mines on 24/7 and the vents at the top/back are never even that hot. Exactly what part do you want to change? On any laptop anything more than a RAM upgrade is either impossible or a major headache. And with the way new chips are being developed with most PC's you would have to upgrade not only the processor but the motherboard aswell, and things like HDD upgrades can be taken care of using an external drive. The only thing that a PC may have that an imac doesn't is Graphics card upgradeabilitly, but I'd recommend just getting an xbox 360 ;)

Posté Thu 06 Dec 07 @ 7:15 pm
That's also one of the reasons that Apple is one (if not THE) only major computer manufacturer who has kept it's tech support facilities in it's home country of the U.S. Apple doesn't incur the huge amount of tech support issues and costs associated with them because they sell quality computers to begin with.[/quote]

well that right there is a major sellling point if ya ever call for tech suport for window yu get some guy who can barly speak english and the acsent is so thick can hardly be understood and then they get a bit pissy when you ask them to repeat what they said (after all they do only about 200 calls aday i would get pissy to) (please noone take ofence to what has be said after all where would we be with out the tech guys, in limbo thats where)

grrrrr can't wait till i can get it but after so much thought and planing and looning i be belive my choice will be the 20" 2.4 with 1 gig of ram, 320 gig hhd after all thats what they make external hds for, and upgrade it my self and then figuare out some way to mount it as the VESA adapter dosen't work with the 20"
probly mount a piese of 2"wide aluimimmmmm bent so the imac "leg" will slide under and make a set screw make sure it doesn't go anyware any ideas??

Posté Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 12:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)