Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet A few questions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi

Just bought the mk II will be using it with a dell laptop.

I have a five channel mixer (behringer)

How do i connect the laptop and mk II to the mixer

What exactly is the Hercules software for. do i need to tweak anything there first?

really need help

great site by the way

Posté Fri 07 Dec 07 @ 10:53 pm
ok, install the mk2 software, hook the mk2 via usb to the laptop. from the mk2 run rca's to a channel in the mixer, this will be your volume control along with the master. On the mk2 software set the tab to the DJ setting, assign what channels you want for main output and for headphones, now open virtual dj go to config tell it you what hercules controller, spit output with the same channels that you set on the mk2. This should do it. I have mine the same way, any questions just send me a message.

DJ Jimmy J
www.subzerosounds.com

Posté Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 3:38 am
ok

where on the virtual dj screen can i pick hercules controller

very new to this

can you explain it a little slower

Posté Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 8:06 am
The first thing you want to do is install the driver2 for the mk2. Connect that to the computer via USB. There should be a little icon in your system try for it once you do that. click on that, and in the top left corner make sure the little setting is set to DJ. Once that screen opens you can select your output and headphone channels. I use main output on channel 1&2 headphones to channel 3&4. Make sure the little picture of the headphones is selected under the one you pick for headphone. Then you open virtual DJ and select the config tab in the upper right corner, then sound setup tab. Output should say headphones and soundcard should have a thing to select hercules. At the bottom you have to make sure you output channels are set to the same you set your mk2 with. close out of that and the mk2 should work with virtual now. For the sound, pick an output on the mk2 run RCA plugs from that to a channel on the mixer. There you will be able to control volume with the pitch sliders on the mixer. To hear through the headphones, make sure they are plugged into the MK2. Any questions, just let me know.

Posté Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 3:09 pm
ok

am going to try this

how do i lock my sound everytime a new song starts the equalizer on v dj goes back to the original settings

how do i configure the playlist

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 3:48 pm
that is also in the config menu on the sound tab. There is a way to leave the EQ the same. When it come to the platlist, just drag the songs into it. You can save it or do whatever you need. The best way to learn the program is to sit and mess with it when you have the extra time.

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 9:16 pm
i did alot of playing with it tonight and i was dissapointed
could not figure out the eq

i also dont like the fact that the pitch automatically adjusts

the headphones did not work great

but the biggest problem was when i load a song it would freeze the computer or stop the the other track playing

any help would be appreciated

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 10:34 pm
can anybody respond i have two gigs lined up this weekend i need to get these kinks ironed out

Posté Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 12:54 pm
this is the laptop am using for home edition

Dell Inspiron 1200

processor 1.40GHz
248b mb of Ram
windows xp

is this good enough

Posté Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 5:14 pm
I would definately add more Ram make it at least 1gb of ram

Posté Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 5:34 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
OK, click config and go to the options tab, and you will see two settings in there:

Pitch reset on load
EQ reset on load

Set those accordingly - in your case it sounds like you want them both disabled.

The headphones issue - can you be more specific? What do you mean by they don't work great?

As for your system, you definately need more RAM. IIRC that system of yours will also have a Celeron processor, which I'm afraid isn't much cop either - I can't remember exactly but I seem to recall it being in the ballpark of a PIII 1GHz...

Taken from http://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/ :

The minimum requirement to run Virtual DJ is:

* PIII 850 MhZ computer
* 1024x768 SVGA video
* DirectX compatible soundcard
* 512 MB RAM
* 20 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration is:

* PIV 3 GhZ computer
* 1024x768 SVGA video
* 4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
* 1024 MB RAM
* 200 MB free on the hard-drive

The recommended configuration to mix video is:

* Dual Core 2 GhZ CPU
* dual output ATI or nVidia video card with 1Gb of on-board memory (no integrated laptop videocard)
* 2048 MB RAM

Posté Mon 10 Dec 07 @ 7:01 pm
I have a dell that is 1.6ghz with 2 gig of ram and that is just good enough. But it helps if you analyz your music. This will help Virtual DJ load it quiker and less chance of the program stuttering during the load of the song. If you are not getting good sound on the headphones you can always adjust them in the mk2 screen, you can adjust volume there.

Posté Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 3:40 pm
Suggestions

Buy a new PC or just add more RAM

What does everyone think and why

Posté Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 8:27 pm
buy a new computer, the one you have is outdated, such was mine and that is why my new one is comming tommorrow. You can get very fast computers for a good price right now.

Posté Tue 11 Dec 07 @ 10:01 pm
I am considering a new laptop any suggestions for under $500

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 1:20 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)