Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BPM is not stable!!!

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

uhan, this is a new problem, i always have one :) . i dont know why the BPM is not stable. so i cant beat match. ok it is like this:
when i play a song lets say the BPM 129, when i play the second song, and try to beat matching it, i noticed that the first song's BPM moves, like sometimes it is 131 sometimes 128, 127. im confused, i cant beat match?
any idea?
Thanks

Posté Sat 08 Dec 07 @ 11:59 pm
if your using turntables your pitch shouldn't be going up and down 1% although depending on what quality turntable you are using that might be due to your turntables needing a tune up or a new motor. most high end decks have a fluctuation of 0.1% then you have belt drives (at least the ones I used to use way back when I got started (technics SL-220) wich had a fluctuation of 0.3%.

Hope this helps

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 7:23 am
It happened to me too. It depends on wow e flutterof turntables you are using. Your descriptions suggests that they are broken (5% is too much to adjust when beatmaching). Do as I did. Sold out your turntables and buy a new one looking at a good wow e flutter.

To test yourturntables start them togheter using the same song and the same pitch at same bpm. Songs should play sinchronized.

Bye.

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 12:10 pm
they are new, i got them two weeks ago.!!!

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 2:54 pm
my turntables are TT200 numark direct drive.

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 2:58 pm
since they are still relatively new. try to buy better slipmats. they might help in case the vinyl slips some although this is an extreme case and probably one that has rarely ever been seen. 1% is way too high, the TT200s have a wow and flutter of +/-0.2% wrms so all your bpm will really vary might be only a few 0.xbpms

I can't really compare mine since I use TTxs but my BPM only varies by 0.1bpm

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 3:40 pm
MarspPRO InfinityMember since 2006
no. it has nothing to do with your turntables. i have the same problem since v5. you will have to set your pitch sensivity to 1200. or higher if your pitch is still jumping.try first to deactivate clear sound in the timecode settings.
greetz

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 3:54 pm
Uhmmmm.
Maybe your computer isn't strong enought and you could have to adjust settings....
Try to shift the preset slider (in the performance menu) on fastest.
Then we have to work on timecode vinyl configuration... let mode on relative or smart and set the pitch sensitivity greater than 1000.

well... If the problem persist...

Is the problem equal for both turntubles or one works better than the other?

On numark's site i can read about TT200: "RPM Wow & Flutter: <0.2% WRMS" so use your warrancy to obtain an item that fills technicals specifications.

Let us know... good luck!

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 4:04 pm
ok, it seems that i dont have any more problems. thanks guys. the BPM just moves like 128.1 to 128.2 or 128.0. and as u said it is normal. but i dont know why dont they really play together, i can say that after 5 to 10 second they get off the beat. is that a problem of it is normal?

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 8:11 pm
normal although one thing you can do is manually adjust the pitch on the turntables so that they stick a bit more together (fine tuning) or manually spinning up or down the platter of the incomming song so that they both stay together.

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 9:13 pm
cool

Posté Sun 09 Dec 07 @ 11:33 pm
My TTX1s were fluctuating - about +/-1%...very annoying.

I followed Masrps advice and unchecked "clear" in the timecode options - worked a treat!

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 8:23 pm
menappiHome userMember since 2006
I think the problem is that you need to learn to beat match by ear, not by what's on screen. What's the point in owning turntables if you don't know how to beatmatch? You should return them and just use your mouse to dj. But seriously, learn to beatmatch by ear or return your decks.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)