Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet can't mute TCV high pitch tone with u46DJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xspotxPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,

so here's my setup:

- ibook
- vdj 5 beta rev 3 (latest)
- u46dj
- tcvs

vdj config menu:

inputs: timecodes (tried no input - doesn't work)
outputs: external mixer
driver: aggregate device (tried 4.1 device - doesn't work)

so i did all that aggregate device stuff, virtualdj detects the tcv signal and all of that, i hear the tracks playing - but i somehow cant get to mute the high pitch tone from the tcv.

in the audio midi device config for the u46dj and aggregate device, i tried muting and changing volume for every single possible channel, and all sorts of combinations, but i somehow still can't get to mute that high pitch tone from the tcv - it's either the tone (with the music), or no tone at all.

what is also strange is that i can't change any of the channel settings (mute/unmute, db etc.) in the aggregate device, but i can in the preset u46dj.

i tried to use that preset u46dj and changed the settings there, tried to use that one in the config of virtualdj as well instead of the aggregate device, but it still won't work.

please help as soon as you can, as i get to play in a REAL proper club for the first time ever in case in get this thing running until saturday. so i actually have to badly ;)

thanks alot for all your guys help in advance!

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 4:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
I'm not a mac expert by any means but I don't think Aggregate devices don’t provide any configurable controls, like volume, mute, or input source selection. However I could be wrong.

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 4:31 pm
okay i figured that one out now - i just simply forgot to download the u46dj panel for mac, which is available here in case you're having the same problem: http://85.25.144.200/download/ESI/U46DJ/U46DJ-Mac-v1_01.dmg

BUT now the TCVs play waayyyy slower than they're supposed to, and whenever i try to change the rpm in the timecode config in virtualdj, virtualdj crashes...

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 4:45 pm
... and now i can't even load virtualdj anymore, as it says "invalid skin file (error line %i in the xml) on load, and if i press "ok" the program closes. i tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but that didn't help either...

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:08 pm
ok, searched the forums and found some info an how to reinstall the app properly, but the problem with the tracks playing too slow persists! tried 45rpm too...

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:45 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)