Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet rippign cd tracks to mp3?

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

JBJ1Home userMember since 2007
i'm trying to rip tracks from cd's to mp3 so i can play them on VDJ but i'm failing miserably.

i've tried doing it on windows media player and just get a "WMP cannot rip one or more tracks from the cd" message. this is the way the dude who turned me onto VDJ does it apparently and it works fine for him.

ive downloaded a programme to convert it but it doesnt seem to work either.

anyone know what i'm doing wrong or how to fix the problem?

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:24 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

There is a whole load of cd rippers and mp3 converters out there.

Just google it, some are free others you have to pay for. If you got itunes, that converts cd to mp3,

Some tracks might have DRM in them and stop you from converting them.

Jimmy b

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 5:56 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi jimmy

he can select to rip mp3s in windows media player just got to make the right settings, forgot the exact sequence you do it, or theres ahead nero and as you say there are others out on the market place, then of course everyone has there own favorites... hope that helps

Tayla

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 6:24 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Hi matey,

I was going to suggest Nero. I've used it alot in the past it's damn good and easy, ( I need it to be easy for me to understand ). I think there on nero 8 now.

It cost a bit but it's well worth it I think.

Jimmy b.

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 6:35 pm
its easy, use itunes. It is free from apple.com and you dont need a mac. Make sure you set it to import as mp3. It is hooked up to CDDB so it will atomatically find cd name artist and title on most cds. I have used it the past 3 years without a bit of trouble, plus you can burn cds, make cd inserts ect..... Itunes made my life easy....

Posté Wed 12 Dec 07 @ 7:50 pm
djtopsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Go and grab audiograbber. its a free ripper thats pretty handy and powerful. Be sure on your filenaming conventions to dump track # and any other crap that comes in the tag. I get by with title, artist and genre only.

Posté Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 3:32 pm
JBJ1Home userMember since 2007
i had installed itunes and but couldn't put anything from my itunes folder onto the playlist when i opened up virtual dj...

do i need to move the ripped tunes back into my music or something for it to work?

Posté Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 3:36 pm
Make sure you are not importing them as MP4, that will only work with an ipod. Open the program go to edit, then prefrences, advanced tab, then importing tab. Select MP3 for importing, select automatically get CD names. Then hit ok. Now when you rip in the cd it will convert it to MP3 and put it in you itunes folder. I usually then put then into other folders by cd of genre.

Posté Thu 13 Dec 07 @ 3:54 pm
djtops wrote :
Go and grab audiograbber. its a free ripper thats pretty handy and powerful. Be sure on your filenaming conventions to dump track # and any other crap that comes in the tag. I get by with title, artist and genre only.

I have used this program extensively as well with good results :)

Posté Fri 14 Dec 07 @ 2:54 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)