Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Video driver issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

salusPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi folks. When I start VDJ on my computer, it intermittently says something to the effect of "Video driver error". When I then go to config video area, the output says "Window" - I cannot see the video card being recognised. When I then try to hook up a data projector, it won't work, but usually after a bit of mucking around, fiddling with video config settings , the projector is normally eventually able to be used with a video clip able to be shown. Yet when I go to the display area of control panel, at all times I can see my aftermarket video card is recognised by the computer and working well.

Has anyone any idea why this is so? That is, why does VDJ randomly give this video driver error, rather than give this message all the time? In fact, why is the error message given at all, when everything otherwise seems to be functioning well? Cheers, Barry.

Posté Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 7:12 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi barry

sounds like you been using vdj at home then when you go to a gig its then that vdj is recognising the different inputs/outputs to its last setup/configuration or vice versa, if you know what i mean...

nothing to worry about, just vdj is telling you it has noticed something different to its last settings... hope that helps

Tayla

Posté Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 7:50 pm
Make sure your second display is powered up and connected to the computer before booting the main system.

Also:

Make sure you extend your desktop to your second display.

Posté Sat 29 Dec 07 @ 8:18 pm
Thanks for this advice, folks - I appreciate the feedback.

Another issue that's puzzling me is when halfway through a gig, one of the VDJ turntables mysteriously changes its BPM. That is, a song will suddenly start playing too slow or too fast, with the accompanying music BPM arrow no longer sitting on zero. Yet when I try to force the BPM arrow back to the center zero position, it won't budge. At this time, I always notice the SYNC button is highlighted. I assume that if I could turn off the sync feature, I could then readjust the music BPM back to normal.

The problem being that I don't know how to turn off sync. In fact, I wonder how it became accidentally turned on in the first place? Obviously I must've inadvertently pressed a wrong button on my keyboard to activate it but have no idea how to deactivate it? Sorry for sounding like a greenhorned, nappy wearing novice here, but can anyone help? Cheers, Barry

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 11:15 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hi barry

go into config select keyboard shortcuts, check box disable shortcuts, should cure your problem...hope that helps

Tayla

Posté Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 5:36 am
Thanks for this advice, Tayla!

Posté Tue 08 Jan 08 @ 5:46 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)