Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Great news for Denon HC4500 owners.

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I have been doing some testing and I have found how to get the controller to work perfectly with PCDJ VJ. So far this has worked for two seperate four and a half hour gigs with the controller stable all night using the native support.

Kinda simple really and I am amazed that Atomix has not found the route cause of all these people who have a system that hangs.

Make sure the controller is powered and connected to the PC when you power the PC up.

I imagine that the controller does not initialise correctly when plugged in after system boot.

OK another user of PCDJ VJ has confirmed this has resolved the issue for him with on two seperate systems.

A couple of Virtual DJ users have said this has improved things but it still hangs when pushed, can somebody here on the board confirm if there is a difference between PCDJ VJ version 1.0.6 and Virtual DJ 5 Rev 6.

PS kinda excited that I might have resolved this issue for at least PCDJ VJ users and I will make sure I say hi elsewhere shortly.

Kind Regards

Nathan Fleming

Posté Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 2:04 pm

Thanks a lot for the tip Nathan;)

And thanx for comming over from the PCDJ side, to tip on that...

Posté Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 2:55 pm
Your welcome I hope it helps some users.

Would like to be able to add PCDJ VJ to my profile so I can feel like I can contribute to the community but there is no VJ option, will you add a VJ symbol?

Posté Sun 30 Dec 07 @ 4:39 pm
Yeah, could be cute.. But as of now, PCDJ & VDJ wants to have their own communities separate... Dont ask me why, cause I dont know ;) Politics I guess..hehe

I wouldnt mind letting the PCDJ VJ users be presented as such here.

But you are welcome regardnless Nathan

Happy New Years

Posté Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 6:28 am
Hi all,

Nathan, just tryed your idea with vdj, unfortunatly no joy, stopped working after about 5 min's as normall.

will give it a go with PCDJ tho.

Thanks.

Posté Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 9:00 am
Yes it is looking like it might only work on PCDJ VJ for audio only but atleast it might help a few users until this issue gets resolved.

Posté Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:19 am

XP too right? As far as I know, Denons drivers are not working in Vista (and reason VDJ have stalled the native support to wait for new ones)

Posté Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 10:35 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hum, that's sounds so bad - Native support stalled to wait for new drivers from Denon - but at the same time Denon says their controller is universal and it's the software companies that are having the issues....back and forth, back and forth...

Posté Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 11:42 am

Posté Mon 31 Dec 07 @ 11:48 pm
Sorry yes only XP also.

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 5:05 am
If anyone is testing this fix could you please give it a try with audio and then then video.

Feedback is that this seems to work fine for audio but video still hangs not sure why this would be the case.

Posté Tue 01 Jan 08 @ 2:32 pm
Perhaps could be the same issue than bcd2000/3000 that hang when have conflicts with certain video cards.

Posté Fri 04 Jan 08 @ 12:32 pm
Could anyone help me in creating in the MIDI settings a way to use the pitch + - buttons. I have been using the on screen controls for that feature. Please let me know what I have to do. Thanks a million. Oh Another thing how do i get the sound effects to work using the Dn-HC4500 I can't get them to work. I am not using the ASCIO sound feature given to us on the virtual settings. I am using the 6.1 sound card feature. Is this correct or am I doing something wrong. Thanks for the help.

Posté Tue 15 Jan 08 @ 8:51 pm
Tried the HC4500 last night with VDJ audio only and everything was going great. Fired up the controller first, then the computer.

Fantastic sound through the HC4500 soundcard. Then all of a sudden it froze after about 10 minutes. It played the song out, but then VDJ wouldn't close, I had to ctrl alt del about 10 times before I got fed up and powered off the laptop. Such a shame. A lovely controller and great software but not working together.

Hopefully this won't be forever, because I'd be reluctant to buy Reflex.

Posté Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 2:36 am
asymptote wrote :
Tried the HC4500 last night with VDJ audio only and everything was going great. Fired up the controller first, then the computer.

Fantastic sound through the HC4500 soundcard. Then all of a sudden it froze after about 10 minutes. It played the song out, but then VDJ wouldn't close, I had to ctrl alt del about 10 times before I got fed up and powered off the laptop. Such a shame. A lovely controller and great software but not working together.

It's been well documented on this forum not to use VDJ with the 4500 natively, because of the freezing problem, use midi. There are a few midi mappers posted, and I also posted a link where you can download midi mappings for the 4500. Do a search you will find it.

Posté Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 2:04 pm
Or if you prefer you can do one on your own :)

Posté Wed 16 Jan 08 @ 8:33 pm
djreggieward wrote :
asymptote wrote :

It's been well documented on this forum not to use VDJ with the 4500 natively, because of the freezing problem, use midi. There are a few midi mappers posted, and I also posted a link where you can download midi mappings for the 4500. Do a search you will find it.

Probably wasn't clear enough in my post that I was responding to the thread which was about a fix to this problem. I should have said more clearly that I tried the fix and it didn't work, which was what I meant to do.

When the native support works i'll use it. I'm not complaining, because VDJ is great software, updates continue to come (Thanks VDJ) and I'm patient and I've got more important things in life to worry about, like trying to get through all the work I have on my plate. I know that in a couple of months VDJ and the controller will be unbeatable.

Posté Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 7:36 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)