Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Automix & Autoload...

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if these are previously-requested feature updates. I'm just getting started with Virtual DJ via my Numark DMC2 controller and included Cue 5.0 LE software (same program, just skinned for Numark), along with my short experience trying my friend's Virtual DJ 4. I've already noticed a couple things that might be fairly easily improved. Let me know what you think:

1) While in AUTOMIX mode, fade-in and fade-out points show up as white vertical lines on the song graph. I've noticed they're often automatically located in less-than-ideal positions. How about the ability to mouse over the white lines, grab them and move them where you think they should be, then have the program remember those new locations automatically and calculate new fade times accordingly? This would allow quick, easy edits of songs that have long, useless intros or particular outros that confuse the automix algorithm.

2) This may also be incorporated into the AUTOMIX menu or just be a stand-alone feature, but I think it would be extremely useful to have songs in the playlist automatically load into whichever deck becomes available, but not start playing. After all, the DJ already uses actions to find and load songs into the playlist, then move them where he/she wants them played, so having a deck automatically load the next song at the top of the list is very natural and time-saving. I've set up keystroke shortcuts to do this easily, but it would be even better if it was an automatic feature and I didn't need to do it myself. I'd rather spend my time cueing, looping and generally being a DJ than a software operator.

Anyway, that's all for now. VDJ is a great program and Atomix is doing an awesome job with it. I look forward to many fun years of DJ'ing using VDJ/Cue and my DMC2!

Larz Hanson
Detour DJ & Audio

Posté Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 6:39 pm
In regards to your #2 it used to be this way until the Automix was changed in 5.XX versions to single deck.

Posté Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 7:45 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
then changed back to allow this from the side list.

Posté Wed 02 Jan 08 @ 8:54 pm
Yeah forgot about that Jason.

Posté Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 12:40 am
Virtual DJ will autoload from the sidelist? Why? I thought the sidelist was intended for songs you might play later, but don't want in your main playlist now. Or am I misreading your response?

Anyway, automatic loading from the top of the regular playlist to whichever deck finishes a song seems like the most natural and intuitive action to me. Most DJ's play in excess of 100 songs at a typical gig. That's over 100 times the DJ has to do a manual action that could just as easily be allocated to an automatic function. Autoloading is already a part of the Automix feature, but that's limited to one deck, performs crossfades and automatically plays. That's fine for automatic play when you need the music to run continuously by itself (cocktail music, etc.), but once the show gets underway I don't see most DJ's using it. Autoloading, on the other hand, would be a great convenience so that your next song is loaded and ready for you to cue without having to move it manually. It may not happen often, but every time you have to do something manually on a computer there's a chance for error. I can't imagine Autoloading would be difficult to write into the VDJ code

Posté Thu 03 Jan 08 @ 12:55 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)