Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Play List Issues... Need Help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Thanks in advance for any help or pointers.

I set up serveral playlists with in CUE. Used the Cue search.. found the songs I wanted... saved as play list.
I opened up Cue yesterday to find that all my play list songs had the yellow ? by them.

The H.D. didn't change... the location of the songs didn't change. I updated to 5 rev 6 and that didn't help. I found the play lists in the "my documents" folder. All the songs are there, but Cue will not read or play them.

I just checked my "history" and has the same issues. Yellow ? ... will not play any of the songs.

Any help???

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 11:48 am
You could try going to the browser tab in config and "fixing" the database. Maybe that'll do it. Sounds like a strange issue if nothing was changed. Have you tried playing the tracks from their actual folders to make sure they are okay?

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 12:24 pm
Yup and they work.
I can search the song and play it within CUE, I just can't play them off of my playlists....

strange

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 1:26 pm
That's funny...I just did a test and it worked. What I did was searched for a word, selected tracks from the search, dragged them onto the playlist, then saved it. I cleared the playlist, shut down and reopened VDJ, and they were all fine.

What version are you using?

Did you try again?

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 3:10 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you are using an external drive are you sure it didn't get a new drive letter assigned to it ?? Did you plug it back into the same port ?

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 4:43 pm
Keep in mind. I have been using the play lists for several months now with no issue. SOoooo it usually works the way you stated discjockeydoc.

Cstoll- I am 100% sure that the letter drive didn't change on my external.

I did another complete scan of my H.D. (35k songs) thinking that might help, but it didn't

:(

Any more thoughts?

BTW i just updated to 5 rev 6 thinking this might help the issue and it didn't. I was using 5.4...... i think.

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 5:06 pm
Ok... my playlist from last nights radio show work fine... but all the rest are not working.

So it's my conclusion that the issue happened before my show last night.

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 5:56 pm
Hope it's sorted...Too bad about the old playlists. Maybe you can open them (to get the titles), create a virtual folder temporarily, then rebuild them from your browser into the virtual folder. Then you can make new playlists by selecting the tracks in the virtual folder and dragging them into the playlist pane and saving them from there (you won't be able to use the same name, I think). Hope it works, and that you don't have too many :(

BTW, cstoll did have a good point that I didn't even consider with the drive letter. Thanks, cstoll :D

Posté Thu 17 Jan 08 @ 7:58 pm
yeah I had to redo all of my playlists.

I have another question guys... I want to restructur my music data base in my HD. Thus moving the songs around and VDJ wouldn't find them.

How do I delete the data base and start over?

Posté Fri 18 Jan 08 @ 9:25 pm
When you move songs, just go to config->browser, click check, then clean. VDJ database will pick them up. I just did this recently...I restructured the whole music directory by artist because things were geting messy. VDJ actually picked up the changes without performing check & clean, but I did anyway to tidy things up. The only not-so-good thing that happened was that I had lost BPM data from a small percentage of the collection, which I rescanned. Everything has been fine since, however.

I should warn you that if you do delete your DB, you will PERMANENTLY lose all of the "scanned" data, like time and BPM, and you will have to rescan your whole collection over again, as if you've never used VDJ!

Posté Sat 19 Jan 08 @ 9:56 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)