Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet HC-4500 native support again - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:36 am
You would think that VDJ would at least post something official on the site acknowling that the Denon issue is being address for potential buyers, I mean they don't have nothing to lose because the controller was'nt marketed with Denon, PCDJ Reflex was - I know VDJ is working hard to get Native Support but a UPDATE on the website concerning this matter would be comforting.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 12:54 pm
I'm sure they will once the firmware fix is confirmed working.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 1:48 pm
Man, Denon is getting absolutely ROASTED on their own forums!! I am frustrated, but nowhere near to the point that the posters on that forum are. Truth of the matter is, that Denon (and PCDJ alike) did in fact release products to the general public before they were ready, and now it appears that they are paying for it on the backside.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 2:08 pm
Yes i do feel sorry for the poor moderator.

Looks promising for the fix then this week, and apologies to the VDJ team for doubting it was VDJ (yes i know it works natively with inferior software but there probably not pushing it that much)

Quite amusing how denon say they take responsibility for this SMALL unknown bug..

Small amount of code to change to get it work maybe, but a devastingly LARGE effect !

If this works it brings the controller right back to the top of the game, as controllers from pioneer etc are still a few months away (and pricey at £1199).

To be honest with all these new controllers coming out it must be hard for the software companys to keep up, VDJ manages it somehow though.

I suspect at some point in the future the software companies will give up trying to make native support for new controllers (unless they package the hardware with the software), due to the volume of new controllers coming out, instead I think the game will be to use things like MIDI-LED and MIDI-DISPLAY to gain all the features on all the controllers via midi.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 2:28 pm
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
maybe that is an issue, a marketing conflict, protectionism, they give priority to pcdj and after they sold the planned amount of soft will let us have it too

anyway by now they should get on it, 'cause they have two other controllers out and if those aren't going to work with vdj their sales will suffer

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 5:05 pm
.....or maybe Reflex it is not ready yet because they got freeze too with ALL the functions of the HC-4500, so they NEED also the firmware update too to avoid freezing before the launch.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 6:46 pm
This is one thing that we all know. Many companies are all making software for the Denon HC4500. We all know that soon it will be working 100 percent. Why not buy one now before its officially software fixed and they start raising up the prices due to demand. I got mine for 400 bucks New because the person that sold it to me knew that reflex was not ready for it yet. I have my main equipment and i will use the denon for small gigs when its officially working. What do you think..............

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:52 pm
I'll give you $401 for the HC-4500!!! :p J.K.

Im just wating to read that all the users have satisfaction with the performance with the 4500 and VDJ to buy both of them.

Posté Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 12:33 pm
According to a "DENON" post on another DJ site posted on 01-28-2008 :P

DENON - Yes, our DJ at NAMM was performing on stage for 4-days using PCDJ VJ and our new update version 1005.
All was rock solid.
Release for v1005 should be this week

? - Any chance that VDJ will use the native support for the 4500 and MIDI functions?

DENON - Yes, will work fine.

? - Which versions of virtual?

DENON - V5 Rev6

DJ TAO says - Finally, SWEET!!!

Posté Mon 28 Jan 08 @ 5:00 pm
So is this an issue that solely sits on Denon's shoulders? Or are we waiting on both sides to resolve this? I've always been under the impression that the Native support had to come from VDJ.

Posté Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 8:39 am
Based on DJ TAO post, and what I read in Denon forum, it's on them. Denon could of done a little better job in taking responsibility, all it's done is frustrate us, the users. Propz to the VDJ developers, sorry if we doubted you, we were just frustrated.

Posté Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 10:40 am
We are still fustrated, I mean really "PO" with the handling of this situation! I'm waitin' on VDJ & PCDJ to release the software that will ultimately work with the 4500, said it b4 ... PCDJ has left a VERY NASTY teste with alot of DJ'S. I have ran my 4500 controller on VDJ with some sucess, I'm just ready to get on with this software issue, like many of u guys ... I'm tired of using the controller at 50% of it's capabilities!This is stopping forward progress for many of us who do as a living or a lucrative side hustle! We're salvating on release of NATIVE SUPPORT from a "REAL" piece of software, so we can decide on which to buy. Meanwhile, I guess we all will have to keep tuning in to these forums for the latest news, which has gotten very old in it self!

Posté Tue 29 Jan 08 @ 3:34 pm
I think it is becoming apparent that the issue (imho) is that Denon have brought this product to the market without full testing with a range of software.

At the time of launch Reflex LE (in my view very limited edition because has no decent browser facilities, so is unusable for me) worked, and the claim was the controller would work with other software.

I don't think that Denon appreciated that there would be the crash issues, etc.

Unfortunately, Denon has now received a lot of criticism - regrettable, but a consequence of bringing the product to market without full pre-launch co-operation/testing of the main software offerings.

Such a shame for a great controller and I know that things will be fixed eventually but in the meantime, people like me have paid out a big chunk of money for functions which don't work.

The good news is that hopefully very soon we will be able to use VDJ natively in it's full glory on the Denon. That will make it all worthwhile.

A

Posté Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 5:21 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Come on guys, whoever is responsible, the main thing is to find a solution when there is a problem. Atomix and Denon worked together to solve it and that's what you have to remember about this story.

Keep smiling :-)

Posté Wed 30 Jan 08 @ 10:22 am
I keep hearing about all of this freezing, I haven't had this problem with VDJ or REFLEX, I'm not running nothing that I would consider big (HP Laptop Centr Duo 1.8ghz - 1gig Mem - (2) 80 gig sata HD - (1) 250gig sata HD - (1) 160gig pata) and I'm not experiencing no problems at all, I do alot of Loops & Sampling no video, and both software runs fine. I better count my blessings ... I'm still waiting to find out what position VDJ will take with the HC4500 before I purchase my copy. Must say I'm very impressed with the fast "COME UP" of VDJ, a few years ago I tried the software and wasn't impressed. Now VDJ is giving PCDJ a run for it's money! Looking forward to VDJ'S next move!

Posté Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 9:43 am
VDJ is doing much more than "giving PCDJ a run for it's money" after using PCDJ for several years, and switching to VDJ in the last couple, it's a night and day comparison, apples and oranges, etc. (notice which software that I've stuck with)

Posté Thu 31 Jan 08 @ 12:56 pm

Okey, here is the deal

1) The controller doesnt work right, and denon will release a fix for that, this weekend most likely

2) as soon as we have the new firmware fix, we will fix the support for it, inside VDJ & PCDJ VJ

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 5:08 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :

Okey, here is the deal

1) The controller doesnt work right, and denon will release a fix for that, this weekend most likely

2) as soon as we have the new firmware fix, we will fix the support for it, inside VDJ & PCDJ VJ

Can't say fairer than that.

;-)

Posté Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 9:53 am
kkorposPRO InfinityMember since 2007
This is my first ever experience with Denon products - purchasing the HC4500, the BU4500 dual CD Deck for it and the x500 mixer. I have to say, I am peeved that for a long time Denon was saying that they weren't at fault, it was the software companies that were the ones that needed to make their software compatible with the controller, which was everything it was supposed to be. I know that Denon has finally taken responsibility - but I am still peeved about this whole thing. It's rather annoying. But, everybody says how happy we'll be once the controller is 100%.....

Posté Sat 02 Feb 08 @ 3:08 pm
70%