Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet taking out words to mix songs

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

how can you take out the words of a song to mix in another?

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 7:00 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
if you mean the vocals, ideally you cannot do this on the fly while mixing. arrange your technique to work around this. there is no perfect solution for removing vocals, but a certain amount can be done in post-production (meaning you cant do this live). do a search around this forum (mix lessons), there are articles about this.

Posté Mon 21 Jan 08 @ 11:22 pm
What I do to get around vocals in order to mix is select either the songs "Hook" or some "empty" beats and loop them. In effect you're creating an artificial "break" in the song so you can mix out or in.

This is particularly helpful to me as a now mobile DJ (former Club DJ). Today I use mostly the Promo Only Radio cuts. That can present a mixing challenge because they're not designed for club mixing. Here's the answer in action. Say you have the radio version of Temperture by Sean Paul. There's no room to mix in w/o stepping on vocals, right? Find the closets to 4 empty beats in the intro then cut down to 2 beats on VDJ. BAAM! you now have a limitless intro break with which to mix into the song. This also works well with radio versions of favorite old club classics. Hope this helps. -Z-

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 11:01 am
I think this is the most ask question. I think that we should make your "explainatin / how to" thread a sticky. That way people could just read and hopefully understand that it's not an easy process. Also saves you from answering once a week.

Posté Fri 01 Feb 08 @ 1:59 pm
Paz75PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Word. I dug out the post and put it in my blog. When I get some time, I'll expand it more and include actual step by step procedure

Posté Mon 04 Feb 08 @ 12:16 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)