Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet What turntables to use with mk2

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all. I am thinking of getting a tt with tcv's and control vdj. Will it be good enough to scratch like battle dj's and if so wat kind of tt ( direct or belt) would u suggest and wat make. And wat basic mixer would be good? Or would the mk2 alone be a good substitute for a mixer if i want to perform wild scratches?

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 12:23 am
Only need to ask the question once not 3X in the same forum. I will level up the other 2 posts and any and all answers should be here for ya:)

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 2:27 am
Sorry brian, but i didnt ask about turntables earlier. So posted the qn. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 3:35 am
First of all if you want good turntables you will search for direct drive turntables thats for sure.
I would sugest sl 1210 mk2 old time classic and well tested by hole the world dj industry.
Now about the mixer i wouldn't sugest to use djc mk2 you need something more pro to be a battle dj.
Look in the market for battle mixers like vestax numark eckler etc.
Another thing that i have to mention is that djc is not the best soundcard for tc setup and also you need a pro edition of vdj.
So the best sollution is virtual vinyl wich includes pro edition of cue=vdj , a low latency soundcard made for that use and 2 tcv cds.
I dont know how many money you want to spent but you have to keep all these in mind.

Friendly G.Z

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 7:58 am
djlexPRO InfinityMember since 2004
my progressive short answer is NONE!
Vinyl technology is prone to failure and I'm not talking about VDJ TCV, but as whole media concept vinyl is so flawed, so 1800's.
So if you want to mix with the sword hanging over your head is your call, but consider continuous maintenance costs (needles, replacement vinyls, tt calibration etc), the only thing you'd get out of it is you look cool and "real", on the other side tccd is a lot better and with the right player should be as cool.
Anyway if you decide to get tts get the good ones, direct drive high torq only( Technics 1200 mkII, Stanton, Vestax, Numark), anyway you'd have to spend about $300/piece or more, but for the cd players you have a larger variety as afordable as an old American Audio Velocity($300) to the latest Pioneer Cdj1000MK3 or if you like real vinyl emulation Numark HDX($500)
Another thing to do is to wait for the new 2008 toys but they will be expensive and who knows if and when they will have fully native support.
There is a large selection of good battle mixers, the most important if you plan on scratching is to look for a mixer with a good crossfader and maybe transform switches.
this link should help:
http://www.skratchworx.com/categories/bg_mixers.html

also you might want a better sound card, for real fast scratching the herc MKII is kind of slow, so you can get the Numark, or the sl1, or the fosusrite saffire le, or other pro grade 4ch in 4 (or more) ch out card

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 9:05 am
TTs - you really can't go wrong with Technics 1210s (any variation) or the Numark TTX1s. Numark are the underdog, and in my experience they perform just as well as the 1210s, have more features and are a lot cheaper.

I think any of the more expensive direct drive decks are built to last.

Mixer - I use a Numark DXM06 which is a less expensive mixer ($249US) - it's pretty good but the crossfade died after about 2 months...

Look for a mixer with a replaceable crossfader - if you're scratching, your crossfader is likely to get beaten up!

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 8:55 pm
Look at Craigslist.com and you will find Used technics 1200s for about 400-500 a pair with needles. Get the best for cheap.... The technics are built solid tough and can take a beating.

Posté Fri 25 Jan 08 @ 10:57 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Technics 1210mk2's have my vote.

Had mine for 11 years and they have never let me down. And they are so solid.

Jimmy b

Posté Sat 26 Jan 08 @ 4:45 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)