Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet How Bout This

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Well i'm sure it has happen to some of you. You buy a new cd, or get one of those Promo-only cds. If your anything like me, you get more than one a month, When i get one though, i rip it to mp3 add it to my mp3 folder, and analyze in VDJ. What happens though with about 100 songs or so coming in a month, i kinda forget which ones i have added since i have a avery large database of songs. So what i would like to request like in explorer in windows, To be able to organize the songs by date added or date analized by vdj. I think this would be very helpful, becuase when i get new songs i listen to them, and say hey thats a good song, but then forget about them most of the time in my sets, because i have soooo many songs i just miss em. Anyways hope the dev team can consider this idea, as i assume im not the only whom would benifit from this feature.

Thnx alot for such a wicked program
Dj Razz

Posté Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 4:44 am
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
great idea! I'd use that sort criteria too if it was there.

Posté Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 8:31 am
This is a top suggestion, I was trying to think of a way of doing this.

On avaerage I'm adding about 70-85 new titles every month plus remixes which adds up to near enough 200 tracks...I always forget what I've added in the last month or 2.

What I've tried doing recently is ripping new songs to a folder called "new stuff" so I can type "new stuff" as search criteria and it brings them all up, then after a while moving them out of that folder. I've also used Explorer/My Computer view to organise *.mp3 by date created.

I don't know how long this would add to the scan time but what about if the DB read in the date the mp3 was created, or even last modified - or the option to show mp3 by either reated or last modified dates??

Ross.

Posté Sun 28 Nov 04 @ 2:40 pm
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hey I'm no expert but here's an idea...

When you add the MP3 to your working database, why not add a note to the track via VDJ? Add the date or even just the MONTH ADDED as the first note. Then you can scroll by note for new songs.

Posté Mon 29 Nov 04 @ 10:58 pm

What I do is add the date (when I feel it's important) to my normal five star rating system (*****) in the comments colum. I can search for what I want very quickly in this way.

Wouldn't it be so much more practical though,.. if the developers would build in some decent ID3 support? !!! After all, it's not as if we haven't all been begging for it for a very long time now......

Posté Tue 30 Nov 04 @ 12:17 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
closest thing to this feature is use Ross M's way to skin his cat... use Created on Explorer.

open up an explorer window. "Search" for all your mp3s. then on the columns add a Created column and sort them by that.

if u have a lot of files and a slow pc u risk crushing the explorer window.

Posté Tue 07 Mar 06 @ 10:05 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
how about more colums in browser, customisable browser, more options for search.

Posté Thu 09 Mar 06 @ 2:19 am
A simple suggestion...Why don't you rip your new music from Promo Only into a seperate folder by year and by month.

For example: All my Promo Only CD's are ripped to a folder by year. I.E. 2004, 2005, 2006 and each year has a subfolder by month. Did you know you can search by folder name? Say type in Promo Only 2006 and all songs in that folder come up. Makes songs easier to find if you cannot remember the name or artist but you do know it was released in 2006.

This also works great for organizing by genre. For example, all my motown is in a folder titled motown, disco in disco, etc. If I'm doing a motown set, all my motown is in front of me. Hope this helps.

Posté Fri 10 Mar 06 @ 12:25 am
FixrPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Promo Only's online database can be downloaded directly into a good spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel. It's a fairly straight forward task to set up the spreadsheet with as many columns as you have labels to be sorted by. For example: Disk number; Title; Artist; Length; BPM; Intro; End; Genre; Month/year; etc. You get the idea. I number all my cd's as it makes it easier to find a specific cd.

Posté Sun 12 Mar 06 @ 2:05 am
yeah fixr, im aware of thier database. The only drawback though, is i dont only go through promo only, i use funkymix x-mix and erg as well,

so sometimes i listen a song, and say ohhh thats gonna be a hit. Forget about it cause it gets lost in my bottomless database, then weeks later i hear another dj playing it, and say "hey that a good song, i should look it up. Check my database, lol there it is, added 2 months ago :) but i forgot to add it to my rotation

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 9:32 am
of all those remix services i like only Street Tracks. i dont like funkymix coz they add a cheap fake drum pattern to the original song.

Promo Only do a good job.

Posté Wed 15 Mar 06 @ 8:41 pm
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
lol same here

www.saifam.com is the muts nuts for early breakers,

thing is you have to know whats gonna be popular, i had bob sinclair - love generation and tom novy - your body the pot - crazy man mylo vs miami sound machine - doctor beat about 6 months before they seemed to start appearing on the radio and MTV etc. i kept thinking,, that sounds realy familiar!

Posté Thu 16 Mar 06 @ 11:13 pm
lol exactly my point Dj Xeo

Posté Fri 17 Mar 06 @ 8:01 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
While we're talking about the browser window, how about an option to set the search to always search from the local database, rather than whatever part of the tree you happen to be on at the time. I find it annoying when browsing tracks, if i want to do a full search, I have to scroll back to the top and select the local database first. PCDJ had the right idea with this, there was a search button that brought up a separate window, and when you'd finished, you could click it again and go back to the folder you were browsing before. This wouldn't be too hard to implement would it?

Posté Sat 18 Mar 06 @ 2:24 pm
sherz whatever ur asking for is already there. just set a keyboard shortcut to the global database.

-------------------
Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 19:44:51
i prefer winamp's support for the tags and browsing whereby u can just type any word of a song and it appears in the browser window. the words can be in the file name or tags.
with vdj the people whose files are named something like 07-busta_rhymes_-_gimme_some_more_(instrumental)-ysp, have to type the underscores too. some people have tons of files and cant rename them only for vdj's case. other programs before vdj still use the files.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/10466/General_Discussion/File_Info_Storage__which_side_r_u_on_.html?highlight=winamp%20files

Posté Sun 19 Mar 06 @ 10:14 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)